Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

break past lock nuts

spannerturner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Twin Turbo (my goal)
i work at a tyre shop, i know well enough how to remove them

well thats why your not asking the question mate, and we are here to help fellow members correct??

i totally see where you are coming from though and i should have sent it in a pm wasnt thinking and that i do appologise for....

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Even so, to get 4 lock nuts off plus the other 4, and taking 4 wheels off will take a shitload of time, the cops could probably drop in to macca's and still catch a thief in the act it would take that long.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
lol cmon man it happens heaps. come out in the morning and the car is on bricks. lock nuts or no lock nuts

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
lol cmon man it happens heaps. come out in the morning and the car is on bricks. lock nuts or no lock nuts

I've had to do it myself when i lost my locknut key. Theres noway someone could do that in the middle of the night and not arouse suspicion with the owners.

spannerturner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Twin Turbo (my goal)
thats exactly correct mate if a piece of sh** thief wants your wheels, mate i guarantee they will have them no matter what is holding them to your rotors/hubs, anyways im here to help people mate ok i know there are wankers out to rip people off but mate seriously it aint like we are giving the jerks a heads up as in oh heres how to steal a set of mags just do this this this n this mate it was a helping hand to someone in a genuine need for help mate anyways im out of this....

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
almost everyone knows this trick, those that are likely to take this information and use it for illegal purposes, thinking that this is some awsome new trend, are likely going to do it out the front of someones bedroom window, and someone like Cobez will come out, twice their size and clobber the living snot out of them.

in any case, a google search will assist any want to be car thief.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
google can also assist in breaking into cars but threads like "Locked my car keys in my car, how do i break into it?" cop the same kind of flac

BUS MAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VL Commodore
a trick i picked up, is to tighten the other nuts up as hard as u can, without snapping studs, then the lock nut will become much looser, almost finger tight and will be much easier to get off...i tried this method and worked a treat, no need to ruin some good sockets....

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
your wheel nuts are way to loose if you can do that