Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Breaking into a VE boot

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
P.S. The best way to get into your car if the keys are locked in there (without smashing anything) is to buy a new key, not complete just the metal part, and go into your local dealer (with your VIN) and they can give you the code to cut a new key.

So someone can walk up to my car, go look at the numbers on the rego sticker/window sill, and walk into a dealer saying they've "lost the keys", and then steal my car?

Because it wouldnt take a lot to convince the guy at the counter that the car was recently purchased by me and that the old owner details are incorrect. Surely Holden have a better and more secure system (like for instance showing rego papers or something)?

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
you might be able to get the metal part cut to open the doors, but holden physically needs the car to match to the keys in order to start the engine,
i went through this whole process when i upgraded to a flip key

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yeah obviously youd need ID, and you still cant start the car with the key because the transponder chip isnt linked to the vehicle.

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
thats why they program it? durrr

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Try reading the whole thread before commenting, saves you looking like an idiot.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Yeah obviously youd need ID, and you still cant start the car with the key because the transponder chip isnt linked to the vehicle.

you might be able to get the metal part cut to open the doors, but holden physically needs the car to match to the keys in order to start the engine,
i went through this whole process when i upgraded to a flip key

thanks guys, that makes much more sence. opening doors is one thing, but starting up the car and driving away is another entirely! cheers.

brandon17

BD-76-SR
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
SV6 vz, vt clubby =P
could of just called nrma, they can open doors easy, not that ive had to before ;)

Nathan Green

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS
Use the spare key?
If that isn't possible, smash a window, open the door then put down the centre rear seat and pull the bright yellow tab that will open the boot.
Do you have a tow bar?.. If not, remove the Cover on the bumper. Then you need a coat hanger type wire so you can manipulate it with a small hook on the end. So imagine a long straight line with a little kinda "fishing hook"shape at the end. Direct the wire from the bumper towards the boot key hole and find the boot release cable. Its there trust me. Once you find it, pull down hard and the boot will pop.