Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brembo 6P/4P upgrade 2016 SSV

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Hi all I’m finally about to fit the 6-4 pots and I’m just wondering about the dirt/debris shields that are fitted to the series 2 redlines are they the same as the HSV ones??

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
From memory i don't thing the VF shields will fit the bigger rotors. Some have used angle grinders to take off the curvercurved lip on the rear shields IIRC as it's a bigg job to remove and replace with appropriate sized shields.

YMMV.

Last edited:

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Yer I was going to cut the lip off but just thought I’d ask about the series 2 that have brembo’s factory

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Yer I was going to cut the lip off but just thought I’d ask about the series 2 that have brembo’s factory

Should be fine if it already has factory brembos on it....

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
@Ron Burgundy i thought rotor size was larger with 6 pot calipers as compared to rotors with 4 pot calipers but I defer to your expertise as you’ve investigated brake upgrades to a large extent.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
@Ron Burgundy i thought rotor size was larger with 6 pot calipers as compared to rotors with 4 pot calipers but I defer to your expertise as you’ve investigated brake upgrades to a large extent.

Yes rotor size is bigger but the backing plate on brembo setup does not have a lip that extends over the top of the rotor, so the rotor size should not matter...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ had a look at the rear brakes of my MSE and the shield does have a small lip that extends towards the inner rotor face. The shield curved lip ends about 5mm from the face itself and 25mm short of the outer edge of the rotor.

Hmm maybe Holden couldn’t be bothered to make an appropriately sized shield considering their cost cutting craze towards the end of manufacture - way to look after their loyal customer base o_O

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
^ had a look at the rear brakes of my MSE and the shield does have a small lip that extends towards the inner rotor face. The shield curved lip ends about 5mm from the face itself and 25mm short of the outer edge of the rotor.

Hmm maybe Holden couldn’t be bothered to make an appropriately sized shield considering their cost cutting craze towards the end of manufacture - way to look after their loyal customer base o_O

HSVs have the same style shield...

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
One step closer to fitting these brakes. Should be on but best weekend.
BF19FD4B-6FB7-44A7-8589-41103043576D.jpeg

Did a little test fit just to double check they fit.
7443BD1A-9E76-4DE2-AB3D-9858EA7E9DF1.jpeg

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I love the all silver/grey look. or even behind black rims.