Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brisbane City Council Gone Too Far?

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
ucwepn said:
I park on my nature strip and on my parents nature strip when I go there and have never gotten a ticket for it. There are many who park in the same way I do and don't get tickets. I mow my nature strip (with my own mower and fuel and effort) I consider it my property (even tho its not really) and when they come and maintain my nature strip then they can tell me not to park there.

If the council is too tight to build footpaths they shouldn't give out fines because she wasn't blocking a footpath.

My thoughts exactly. Instead of fining people for parking there, why not fine people who let a jungle grow there...I'd profer to see a car parked on it than that.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
yeah thats blatent revenue raising. Thats absolutely rubbish fair to say, if its parked illegally well then they really have nothing to say, but yes what a crock.

ssberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SLE track car, 10 sec VU Ute
Worst that that. My brother got a fine for having a trailer across the footpath even though the trailer was on the car which where both ON the driveway. This was in a cul-de-sac as well.

Apparently in Brisbane City you can get a ticket on your own driveway if your car impedes the footpath.

gumbs

Spoon?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Jap Crap dreaming of an LS1
My mate gets thema ll the time parking in a driveway near uni. Theres a gap big enough for the posty to ride through and there is no actual foot path there. But hey still give him tickets for it. The fact its an addandoned house and he jsut parks in their drive way to save on parking probably doesn't help.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
ucwepn said:
I park on my nature strip and on my parents nature strip when I go there and have never gotten a ticket for it. There are many who park in the same way I do and don't get tickets. I mow my nature strip (with my own mower and fuel and effort) I consider it my property (even tho its not really) and when they come and maintain my nature strip then they can tell me not to park there.

If the council is too tight to build footpaths they shouldn't give out fines because she wasn't blocking a footpath.

I got fined parking on my nature strip, as a protest, i dug up the nice turf i had laid, planted 150 tree's.

The tree's are now about 15 metres tall, they dont look to safe either rofl.

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
yeah totally **** did you go and refuse to pay! alot of the time if you have a genuine reason or are a good faker :) you can get yourself off!(off the hook that is you bunch of sicko's)

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
There are reasons why they do fine you for this is, in some situations it is dangerous. For eg. I walk to and from my daughters school twice everyday, pushing a pram, now its not a busy road or anything but between 8.45- 9.15 and 2.45-3.15 its a nightmare. You get all the mums flying down the road in their big 4wds showing blatent disrgard for the 40k speed limit. Most of them also cut the corner going over double lines. Now this is bad enough, but when I am walking down the nature strip (theres also no footpath), and some inconsiderate prick decided to park his truck on the nature strip leaving no room for pedestrians to walk I am forced to walk on the road putting my children and myself at risk. Thankfully I am an adult and I can do this safely as possible, but what about those kids who walk home by themself who have to walk on the road all because some asshole is to lazy to park properly.

This problem isn't just confined to school areas in school hours, plenty of people like to go out for a stroll at night or like to walk the dog. Granted it was in a cul de sac and there probably was minimal danger to pedestrians but its a rule and they are obliged to book anyone who disobeys it, not just pick and choose whom they please.

K

kel_VK_Calais

Julie said:
There are reasons why they do fine you for this is, in some situations it is dangerous. For eg. I walk to and from my daughters school twice everyday, pushing a pram, now its not a busy road or anything but between 8.45- 9.15 and 2.45-3.15 its a nightmare. You get all the mums flying down the road in their big 4wds showing blatent disrgard for the 40k speed limit. Most of them also cut the corner going over double lines. Now this is bad enough, but when I am walking down the nature strip (theres also no footpath), and some inconsiderate prick decided to park his truck on the nature strip leaving no room for pedestrians to walk I am forced to walk on the road putting my children and myself at risk. Thankfully I am an adult and I can do this safely as possible, but what about those kids who walk home by themself who have to walk on the road all because some asshole is to lazy to park properly.

This problem isn't just confined to school areas in school hours, plenty of people like to go out for a stroll at night or like to walk the dog. Granted it was in a cul de sac and there probably was minimal danger to pedestrians but its a rule and they are obliged to book anyone who disobeys it, not just pick and choose whom they please.

Here, here!!

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Yeah but what kind of nature strip was it julie? was it only just bigger than the width of the car? or was it the size of a normal footpath and nature strip? If the strip was only the size of the car then NO they shouldn't park there and block the only walkway. The council when they zoned the area residential, they should have left enough bloody room for a footpath and a nature strip.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
There was a big issue up here about one of the new sub-divisions having no footpaths. All of the nature strips joined onto the main gardens of the houses & everyone had to walk on the roads. Needless to say that it was lucky no children were hurt in this area. However if someone was walking on the nature strip & got injured the home owner was responsible. Dont figure.