Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brisbarnz vh sle build

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Nice,should go high 13's with traction.

Those series 2-3 airboxes much nicer...pity hsv snorkel dont fit these.

Got a vk executive on hiatus with almost all same mods just 4.11 lsd & manual steering.

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Odo stops every 9ks(I'll fix it one day). I use an hour meter more for curiosity, it also logs max rpm too.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Reckon you'll just need lsd & some grip for high 13's

Hoping my vk goes mid 13's or lower with the 4.11 lsd & memcal tune,if not will go 2800 stally then aim lower as car is light as hell(gutted) but barely legal

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Put car on dyno at a dyno day for fun. The shop owner warned me his dyno is harsh and reads up to 30hp lower then other units. I was more interested in the afr's the power out put.

Owner said its running WAY to rich in the top end, he also mentioned it will make more hp if I had the fuel trimmed up top so I'm getting my bro to give it a tweek in tunepro with his wideband and see how we go. Prob won't be till after Xmas but I'll report back once it's done. Dyno pull starts a 3G unsure what they reved it to.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Even if it reads lower than normal, 200 HP isn't anything to be sneezed at out of your 5L, especially with it being a real mild build

Last edited:

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
So the other week I contacted Joe at Ace Performance Tuning about getting a mail order tune to suit my cam for the Vh.

The motor is now completely different and I love it, it's now starts cleanly and doesn't blow black smoke on start up, idles better, has more torque on light throttle, exhaust sounds less boomy/droony, exhaust has more bark in the upper rev range, the power increase is quiet noticeable through out the whole rev range, feels like the power doesn't drop off at all
, there is now power after 4K and pulls strong right through.

I never realised how much untapped potential this little cam had in it. Dynotec cm307d 209@50 448lift
If I was only a fly **** off a 14.2 before I recon it could go 14.0 even a 13 it feels that strong.
I've done 400ks over the past two days and I'm over the moon with this tune.
I can't wait to bang it back on the same dyno as last time and see the difference in afr and power.
Willowbank trip in a few weeks so I'll report back with results.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
How much did the tune set you back if you don't mind me asking? I have the 195i tune in mine and it can be a bit funny starting too, so it may be my cam (basically the same engine as yours except extractors - mine are stock hsv). It would be good to see what difference it makes.

I'll pm you if you don't want to say on here

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Gave the car its 100h service on the long weekend(now 303h total) and also changed the fuel pressure reg over with my spare unit. When I pulled the vac line off the sus fpr it dribbled fuel out and I went bingo. So I cleaned up the spare and bung it in. Works great, no more bubbles from the tank anymore and haven't had a hard start since.
It was an intermittent problem I was aware of but wasn't a big issue so I just didn't fix it. Wish I did this a year ago I would of saved some fuel. I may now not have to replace my o2 just yet as I was thinking it had died by the continuous rich code 45 displaying all the time but this may have been triggered by the failed fpr. I'll clear codes and continue to monitor.