Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brock engine id

vkcalais84

Reaction score
Members Ride
5l vk calais
hey new to the site can anyone tell me the best way to tell if my vk calais has a brock engine in it

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Look at the heads, could be "B" cast, the manifold numbers should end with 955 and also, whats the engine prefix?

gruntavt

HSV-I Don't want one ;-)
Reaction score
Members Ride
vess-luckily
Look at the heads, could be "B" cast, the manifold numbers should end with 955 and also, whats the engine prefix?

Nearly all correct, the heads could also have BS5/HDT stamped on them & the inlet manifold may be a modified stock one,with the 4 holes opened to two chamber size where the carby bolts up.

axd52x

Reaction score
Members Ride
82 VH 3.3L
what about contacting HDT with the engine number?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

you could but your better of trying the Brock commodore Forums. someone there with a bible will know

vkisdabomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK calais
vk brock or not

Yep if you call HDT they will tell you if your car is or isn't a Brock.
The VK's get mistaken for a Brock as, the real Brock motors are based on the vk motor. Engine numbers may be similar however the Brock motor has modified heads, different air intake, roller rockers and bigger compression ratios.
I know this because i contacted HDT and found out as i have a vk calais and did some research to find out if it was a Brock. Searching on the net made be believe that is was a Brock motor as the numbers matched up, but it turns out all the vk numbers match up (LV2). This doesn't mean is a Brock motor though.
You can usually tell if its not a Brockie if its stock and doesnt have kits on it.
Hope this helps