Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brock VE Commodore

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I would say there hardly been anyone in a car quicker than a 12 second type acceleration on the street. The traction just isn't there to let a dual purpose car go faster than that off the track. Even a 13 second car is capable of using everything a road tyre has in it up to the speed limit, after that your just going to make the same time with more smoke. I know that even in my VP I couldn't pull better than about a 2.15 60 foot on the street and I don't think any car that weight or heavier no matter how much power it had could much better off the line without some very very very fancy street tyres. Well ok maybe a 4WD might be a different story :). So how fast is fast?, not very fast on the street :D

Anyway I came to read something about a Brock VE and didn't even see it yet:)

Edit. bah I read that years ago:p

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I've been in a 10 second street car. Nothing else compares now.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
see, this is where your definition of "quick" differs from most others.

You refer to a quick car as a "sub10" car... i define quick as a "sub13"...

Your cars are fast, not quick... and he compared it to a V6 anyway, saying it was quicker than that... that statement has relation to whther or not hes been in a "quick" car.. its simply "quicker" than the V6's hes been in.

its been bugging me how this happens, someone will post a relativly fast car up, say 12sec and youll dismiss it as its not a sub10, youve got to high standards for street cars. Horses for courses, if you can maintain a sub13 as an onroad, useable, driebale car.. sweet!

I think you need to stop comparing everything to strip monsters which either A: are built with track work, great suspension with power to match(read evos) or B: are designed to fly in a straight line with rediculas amounts of speed ie. Drag Cars.

aZk.

What 12 second cars have i dismissed? Actually what cars have I dismissed period?
The guy made a statement regarding a Honda Vtech pulling "hard". If you have ever driven a Vtech based Honda you would understand where the problem lies in that statement.
I am not comparing anything here, I am simply saying that if you think a Honda Civic with a vtech pulls hard then you haven't really driven a decent car.
Obviously people who have had faster cars etc compare things differently for obvious reasons. I guarantee if you drove a 16 second car then jumped in a 13 second car you would think it was great. Once you drove around in an 11 second car everything would just feel slow. I fail to see why I can't compare to what I am used to?

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
i dont know how fast as in times the vz 6ltr twin turbo 6 speed maloo r8 that i was a passenger in is but its ****en scary!!!! stuff all traction even with traction control it was rather pointless as a street car and this bloke used it as a daily driver! too much bloody money

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
What 12 second cars have i dismissed? Actually what cars have I dismissed period?
The guy made a statement regarding a Honda Vtech pulling "hard". If you have ever driven a Vtech based Honda you would understand where the problem lies in that statement.
I am not comparing anything here, I am simply saying that if you think a Honda Civic with a vtech pulls hard then you haven't really driven a decent car.
Obviously people who have had faster cars etc compare things differently for obvious reasons. I guarantee if you drove a 16 second car then jumped in a 13 second car you would think it was great. Once you drove around in an 11 second car everything would just feel slow. I fail to see why I can't compare to what I am used to?

Nope. You called the Vtech a rice engine when it is clearly not!. What are they 1.6-2.0L 4 cylinder, use less fuel, more reliable, and are quicker then any stock 6 cylinder commodore. Put one of them motors in a civic or any other small light car with suspension work and it would have no problem keeping up with your family car around tight tracks as these things have NO BODY ROLL. You will pull away on the straights but when it comes to corners these things will be right back up your ass. I hate it when people call import cars, motors rice when they perform better and are more reliable then bommadore. Evo 7 vs your family car LS1... I know what I would be taking.

Last edited:

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Nope. You called the Vtech a rice engine when it is clearly not!. What are they 1.6-2.0L 4 cylinder, use less fuel, more reliable, and are quicker then any stock 6 cylinder commodore. Put one of them motors in a civic or any other small light car with suspension work and it would have no problem keeping up with your family car around tight tracks as these things have NO BODY ROLL. You will pull away on the straights but when it comes to corners these things will be right back up your ass. I hate it when people call import cars, motors rice when they perform better and are more reliable then bommadore. Evo 7 vs your family car LS1... I know what I would be taking.

I prefer a V6 over the Craptech and V8 over a V6.

I have a V6 and have driven my mate's Honda prelude Vtech (5th gen). I rather my commodore over the prelude. Prelude have basically very little go down low in the rev range but kicks up in higher rev range at the expense of more petrol. I don't see how they can be very economical especially that you have to rev these engines a lot to get going.

Also they pretty much drink more oil than petrol. LOL...

Anyway each to their own.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

LOL, Obviously you are a fan of these mighty Honda Imports. As for Evo 7 vs family car, I will take my Senator every time over the Evo 7 and 8 I have driven. Why? Comfort, smooth power, quiet, safer in an accident, RWD and many other reasons. People think Evo's are some great car, they are a cheaply built lancer with some bits and pieces added to it to make it a little faster. At the end of the day, if it didn't have a turbo on it, it would be nothing. For their weight, they really aren't that quick until you start pumping big dollars into them.

Edit: Each to their own, I have driven enough various imports to make my decision to stay with a thumping RWD V8.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
LOL, Obviously you are a fan of these mighty Honda Imports. As for Evo 7 vs family car, I will take my Senator every time over the Evo 7 and 8 I have driven. Why? Comfort, smooth power, quiet, safer in an accident, RWD and many other reasons. People think Evo's are some great car, they are a cheaply built lancer with some bits and pieces added to it to make it a little faster. At the end of the day, if it didn't have a turbo on it, it would be nothing. For their weight, they really aren't that quick until you start pumping big dollars into them.

Edit: Each to their own, I have driven enough various imports to make my decision to stay with a thumping RWD V8.

Actually no I am not. I don't like the look of any type of import they are all ugly. I like Holdens and Fords. I am just not a dumb ass calling them rice when they are far superior to a commodore family car. And what you said about the lancer not having a turbo being nothing, that is like me saying without your ls1 your car would be nothing :thumbsup:

I am now over this bitch fight.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Actually no I am not. I don't like the look of any type of import they are all ugly. I like Holdens and Fords. I am just not a dumb ass calling them rice when they are far superior to a commodore family car. And what you said about the lancer not having a turbo being nothing, that is like me saying without your ls1 your car would be nothing :thumbsup:

I am now over this bitch fight.

:rofl: Of course my car without an ENGINE would be nothing, it wouldn't bloody go.

You would also hope that an 64k(new) car would be superior to a $34k Omega. Just as you would expect a GTS to be superior to a stock Lancer....

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid

you can but your always going to be disappointed with other peoples views then. Take morton for example, greefoam drives a "faster" car but he can still appreciate and support mortons quest to reach the sub7 60ft. Now in a NA unopened V6, thats not too bad, it call it quick.... ive been in an off its titts XYHO, that was FFFAAASSSTTTT... but it had the work behind it, it was far from stock....

I just see alot of people saying that there car is "quicker" now because of mod a or mod b and then youll say "no, this car is faster". All im saying is comapre the cars to what your used to, thats fine, but can you have the appreciation to say that another car might be "quick" for its class?

aZk.