Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Broken fuel filter hose

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
So i got cocky and stormed ahead without the tool to change the fuel filter on vy v6

The inner clips broke and now the whole hose on both sides are useless

I tried to clamp fuel hoses on almost worked but gotta drop the tank but im sure this isnt safe anyway and could get defected

Anyways got no car now, the bike is at girlfriends she is miles away so im using public transport or uber

In adelaide are there any holden parts stores left that will have a new filter to tank hose? Thebarton holdens no longer there

Or do i gotta catch the train to upulit wreckers lonsdale and get a 2nd hand hose. Also gotta get the proper removal tool first omg uber bill is gonna be big tomorrow

As for the other hose on the engine side of the filter i fkd that too but one end looked plastic welded on there so no idea how to replace that one

Fml

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You can buy the parts from holden.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Thanks guys need it done today...maybe ill clamp a fuel hose on but then id have to drop the tank twice

I see city holden in adelaide are closed hoping the mile end centre will help could almost walk there

Any tips on dropping the fuel tank

Also how about the hose on the opposite side of the filter...it looks like one end is plastic welded to the steel thin piping that goes to the engine...how do i change that

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Peter page holden brompton had new fuel tank to filter hose $33 about to go home and drop the tank, theother side hose mechanic said its ok to double clamp a fuel hose on else need a whole new feeder line right through to engine

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
So i had to double clamp on the engine side but the tank side thats a brand new fitted hose....any objections to the double clamping?

20200907_135646.jpg

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
should be ok if no leaks

Vy Commodore man

Reaction score
Members Ride
By Commodore calais
So i had to double clamp on the engine side but the tank side thats a brand new fitted hose....any objections to the double clamping?

View attachment 213932
That should do it champ!!!!,, I no them filter hoses are a pain in the ass end!!!!, why o why dont they just make em simple!!!, I've just wrecked the hose on injector rail,,don't ask!!!!, I used old hose an double clamp, sweet!!!!!!

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
So i got cocky and stormed ahead without the tool to change the fuel filter on vy v6

The inner clips broke and now the whole hose on both sides are useless

I tried to clamp fuel hoses on almost worked but gotta drop the tank but im sure this isnt safe anyway and could get defected

Anyways got no car now, the bike is at girlfriends she is miles away so im using public transport or uber

In adelaide are there any holden parts stores left that will have a new filter to tank hose? Thebarton holdens no longer there

Or do i gotta catch the train to upulit wreckers lonsdale and get a 2nd hand hose. Also gotta get the proper removal tool first omg uber bill is gonna be big tomorrow

As for the other hose on the engine side of the filter i fkd that too but one end looked plastic welded on there so no idea how to replace that one

Fml
The last fuel filter I bought from Holden was an AC Delco and it came with these inserts / clips in the box. Maybe go buy one of those filters? You can buy the fuel tank to filter hose and change it although the filter to engine I believe only comes as the whole thing ie the metal pipe to the front of the car.
You could also cut the plastic hose off the pipe to the engine and go buy another tank to filter hose, cut it to suit and try to get it over the metal pipe?