Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BT1 police mode

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Unless you only cruise on perfectly flat roads the 3 litre is no more economical that a 3.6 litre model.

Simply not true. Even on "official" figures an LY7, LLT or LFX 3.6L will get between 9.5 and 11.3 L/100km. An LF1 or LFW 3.0L will get between 8.9 and 9.3 L/100km.

nfoster88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
I think the main thing it adds is a digital speedo on the screen. And Any Vx can have this turned on, not just ex cop cars.

Ok cool. It's still got all the chips and wiring. Plus all the add ons they usually get in the police pack. I know the it doesn't improve performance and that the main thing is the digital speedo, digital motor and transmission rpm metre i think but not sure what the other info it provides means. Look like some of them are error codes, cycles through bout 5 of them in one read out. Wonder if it could be those?

Thanks
Nick.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
And the digital speedo is more accurate than the crappy dial.
If you have a scantool try this, bring the speedo up in test mode and it'll display under what you set. Go over then back it off and it'll display over what you set (tried this on quite a lot vt/vx's and they're all the same regardless of cluster level)
Enable police mode and watch it while you drive, same results.
With stock tyre outer diameter setting it to 102% will also get it closer to showing correct speed.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Push and hold the mode and Up arrow buttons on the clock.

Turn igntion on.

Your VT through VY is now fullon leb spec BT1 and automatically the number plates rotate to "fullysik" on the front (and fullyshit on the rear). If you have a spoiler installed the full engine power of 1470kw at 19,500 rpm is now unleashed, the gearbox line pressure is increased by 25% and the diff becomes a locker (once you add sawdust).

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Push and hold the mode and Up arrow buttons on the clock.

Turn igntion on.

Your VT through VY is now fullon leb spec BT1 and automatically the number plates rotate to "fullysik" on the front (and fullyshit on the rear). If you have a spoiler installed the full engine power of 1470kw at 19,500 rpm is now unleashed, the gearbox line pressure is increased by 25% and the diff becomes a locker (once you add sawdust).
But I have a 5 speed manual.
Does that mean my car wont be fully sick? :cry:

Last edited:

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
so i finally got a pic of the build plate on the VYII
2015-01-16140337_zps0f4ec635.jpg

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Looks like a plain Jane passenger car , and not a police car , due to the lack of correct ID

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
Looks like a plain Jane passenger car , and not a police car , due to the lack of correct ID

haha i knew someone would say that. I saw all 52 cars in a lot that were purchased from the NZ Govt. They were part of an order of 400 front line cars but the Police only took 348 cars so the rest were tendered for sale and my local Holden dealer bought the lot. They have FE2, V8 brakes and LSD and all electric windows. I can see those parts, the salesman told us that and also my mate who was the foreman at the holden dealership confirmed it. The old man picked it up with 011kms on the clock, he had alloys, pinstripes and a rear spoiler fitted. I have the steelies it came on and the dash was in police mode.

You can choose to argue this if you like from what the plate says but that's how it is.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
That rings true , apart from the beefed up brakes , suspension etc , I believe the BT1 designation refers to the Aussie cars , even my VF work hack is just still a VF SV6 , with lights and a siren . I recently had a boy racer try and argue with me that his modded Skyline had less mods than my Police car , nice try , but no it's just a Commodore , and he still got a pink sticker ;)

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
i don't know about NOTHING special, it tractions, handles and stops way better so that is most of it haha. I spent about $6k doing all that to my VN SS so that's a nice bonus especially as he bought it new for $30k