Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BT1 police mode

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
i don't know about NOTHING special, it tractions, handles and stops way better so that is most of it haha. I spent about $6k doing all that to my VN SS so that's a nice bonus especially as he bought it new for $30k

good score , they do sometimes have cancelled orders on cars , think back to when Ebbett Holden bought in the Cadillac CTS into New Zealand when GM Australia cancelled the order , they were an absolute bargain , not the same as an ex Government order but still

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
The term BT1 stopped with the VS. VT - VZ Police packs were 9C1.
......and Production Option; A8V.

The 9C1 was based on the standard Executive model.
The A8V (volume introduction 30/4/99 with vehicle TAG No.
L454505) on the SS model.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
so i finally got a pic of the build plate on the VYII
2015-01-16140337_zps0f4ec635.jpg

dunno if your still around but thats not the plate that tells you if its an ex-cop car, you want the other one with the paint and trim etc on it.

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
cool thanks but I know it is. the old man bought it new, there were 40 of them in the yard which i saw with my own eyes. It still has the steel skid plate under the sump, and done about 100K now

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Police pack general info......

Attachments

• sect0a Police Pack General Info..pdf
    27.5 KB · Views: 212

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
Steel skid pan means nothing. My WH Caprice comes from the factory with the same steel skid pan.

"P/Car" on the plate does not mean "police car" it means "passenger car" according to the factory data which I have here on CD.

Police code on a VT-VX Holden is production option 9C1. If that's not on the plate, its not a police car. Police cars only had uprated brake pads (same pads can be bought off ebay these days anyways) along with lowered suspension and a bunch of holes drilled in the dash and trims for the Police equipment (like an ex-taxi)

The real deal Police cars also had an extra factory button somewhere on the dash to disable all interior lights (so the cars could be more stealth at night during 'surveillance') but I've never seen one of these buttons up close.

Engine wise, tune wise, transmission wise, no extra power or anything exciting unfortunately. They were after reliability in service- this meant a bone stock engine and trans- as they could be flogged more reliably every day and survive better than some hopped up, nine tenths strained, bathurst race engine or whatever the mang mang brigade would have you believe was fitted into the cop cars.
Stock = reliability for what the Police needed out of patrol cars.

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
Steel skid pan means nothing. My WH Caprice comes from the factory with the same steel skid pan.

"P/Car" on the plate does not mean "police car" it means "passenger car" according to the factory data which I have here on CD.

Police code on a VT-VX Holden is production option 9C1. If that's not on the plate, its not a police car. Police cars only had uprated brake pads (same pads can be bought off ebay these days anyways) along with lowered suspension and a bunch of holes drilled in the dash and trims for the Police equipment (like an ex-taxi)

The real deal Police cars also had an extra factory button somewhere on the dash to disable all interior lights (so the cars could be more stealth at night during 'surveillance') but I've never seen one of these buttons up close.

Engine wise, tune wise, transmission wise, no extra power or anything exciting unfortunately. They were after reliability in service- this meant a bone stock engine and trans- as they could be flogged more reliably every day and survive better than some hopped up, nine tenths strained, bathurst race engine or whatever the mang mang brigade would have you believe was fitted into the cop cars.
Stock = reliability for what the Police needed out of patrol cars.
i assume this info is aimed at me? my response assuming that is the case:
you may be correct in the info you have produced for australia but seeing as this is a NZ car you are far from correct. NZ police order their cars to a different spec than the aussie one and we don't have v8 police cars here.
The approx forty cars that were bought by my local dealer, Mark Cromie Holden, from the NZ govt under a tender process. The total shipment was approx 400 cars, this lot of forty were not required so then put up for sale by tender. I saw them all delivered to a yard, on steel wheels. No spoilers or pin stripes, lowered suspension, V8 brakes and LSD. Electric windows all round and badged as an executive. The dash was set to police mode with the large digital speedo which was actually reverted back to standard at its first service but after a complaint from the old man was, and still is on the police mode.
Anyway, i don't give a #### what it was built as. The facts are as stated above regarding suspension etc and it drives real well. The old boy had alloys, rear spoiler and pin stripes added to spruce it up a bit and it's been a great car.
It's also a VYII