Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bubbles bubbles

fixitphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx wagon stock
Hi. Just purchased a vx wagon v6. The price was right but it's service history was history! !. Losing coolant and I'm getting bubbles coming up with the radiator cap off. Removed each spark lead one by one to see if it was a particular cylinder causing the bubbles (as recommended by liquidintelligence website ). Bubbles didn't stop I've seen on your forums a lot of talk about dodgy inlet gaskets. If this was the issue would it be blowing bubbles? There is a small amount of white sludge on filler cap but no white smoke from exhaust that I can see. Thanks.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
blown head gasket??????????????????

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Headgasket

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
x3 for head gasket....if theyre very small bubbles like fizzy drink then its definitely head gaskets. A very small amount of white sludge on the oil cap could just indicate moisture from the engine sitting without running for long periods of time. Is the actual oil itself milky?. There would be alot of brown gunky sludge under the cap if it was the lim gaskets. How many ks on the engine?

D

devilly

radiator needs to be changed out,unless u can see oil in coolant or coolant in oil.

so you would be looking for something that is floating on the coolant or toothpaste looking stuff. on oil it would look like toothpaste and have colour to it.

have a good look and tell us more or maybe even post pics to show us.

petern64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6lt , 2017 Mustang GT , 2021 BT50 SP
sounds like your valley cover gasket is going, I had to do one on my VX 2001 V6.common problem

fixitphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx wagon stock
Thanks guys. Ks 215000. Bubbles are big and slow like 1 every 5 seconds. I've just changed oil twice and flushed with penrite oil flush to alleviate a noisy lifter which developed on my holiday to Yorke pen. Lifter noise gone☺. Oil still looks clean on dipstick. Guy at work suggested sealwell tablets so I'm giving that a go. I know its a cheats way out but for what i paid for the car (2200) i figure its worth a go.

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
Ur probably better off addressing the actual problem and finding the leak rather than masking it with stopleak or sealwell they can eventually destroy the waterpump and cause other issues. Lim gaskets are a very common problem. I would get them changed out and then bleed the system properly.

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
Removed each spark lead one by one to see if it was a particular cylinder causing the bubbles (as recommended by liquidintelligence website ). Bubbles didn't stop

This has me perplexed how removing a lead would somehow stop bubbles ?
It's not like the leads off and piston stops in that cylinder ? It will still cycle but won't ignite the fuel

Back to your issue , if it's not getting hot and running crap then it more likely intakes are gone , get a rad shop to test for exhaust gasses then you know if it's intakes or head gaskets