Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bucket seats in back

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Well vicroads are generally useless, and even then that doesnt help me with whether it will go straight in although im lead to believe it will.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If the rear seat fits and can be installed securely, I can't see why it wouldn't be legal in any state of the country.

As to whether it fits easily, that's difficult to answer. There are various things to consider.

1. The seat will be designed to fit between two fixed side panels, not two opening doors. That means the corners of the cushion (the lower part) won't be rounded off to assist rear seat access.

2. The rear parcel shelf may be higher in the Monaro, which means the top of the seat will stick up above the sedan rear shelf.

3. The design of the rear bulkhead may be different. Did the Monaro have the rear port-hole - I can't recall. The six bolts and two hooks that locate the rear upright in the sedan may be different.

4. The sedan upright was a three piece design, which made it easier to install. Is the Monaro's similar or is it one piece? ( I suspect it is in sections).

You would need to take some careful measurements before taking this one on. Perhaps compare the rear seat from a sedan with the Monaro's by taking it out of your car and putting them side by side to compare.

skruba

holden, honda, pitbulls
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
wen i was thinkn bout this 4 me vp i got told if u have to weld or cut to make support it not legal

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
I remember seeing someone selling a VT on carpoint a while back with the Monaro rear seat, but i never thought to actually ask how he got it in there.

The person selling it seems to claim it will go into the car no worries, but it doesnt tell me if its modified or not so im awaiting clarification.

tigass

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss commodore series 2
sorry to bump this up.....just wondering how it went. looking at doing the same to my vt

NightRIDA

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Exec
Bump........ Im getting two pairs of buckets for the front and the rear of my vt. I just dunno how to fit the rears. What would an engineers cert cost??

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
NSW around $400. Don't know about other states. Unless you just happen to know an engineer. This is old. OP 2009?