Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bug Stains....

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 sportwagon (phantom)
Lish071 said:
Hi Locky
sticky already underway in General.... :thumbsup:
dried milk... I would suggest a woolwash or wool upholstery cleaner. Wool washes are gentler than other harsher cleaners.
Apply the upholstery cleaner then work the area with your fingertips in circular motions then wipe with clean, damp, white cloth (eg old nappy or towel).
cheers
Del :D
Thanks Lish, just had a look at the sticky, I reckon it's great! :clapping:
Locky (my 9 month old son) has a habit of spraying his bottle around in the car(all over everything - even his two sisters! :p ) so I will be out with the wool wash until I can break the little monkey out of the habit.....
I still can't beleive how much easier it is getting those bugs off with the microfiber cloth; I'd seen them in the shops but doubted the advertising hype, now I'm convinced. :thumbsup:
thanks again, Brett

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
Hahaha sorry Brett...read your post wrong...you were thanking Locky for the milk :rofl:
I had one of them lil horrors too ....he's now 5 and out of bottles :rofl: we had to resort to putting a cover on the back seat because it was just a headache trying to keep up with the milk everywhere and the worry of missing some and it souring in the heat (blah!) No matter how much you say "my kids never gunna have food or drink in my car" they always manage to win over with their screams of protest on the family trip...
Good luck Brett :thumbsup: :D
Del

Jeffro74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wanna bee SS
cant be bothered reading thru all this so ill just have my say :)

Tar and bug remover will remove the bugs but also remove and polish and so on helping to prevent bugs sticking.
just use a decent polish not a cut and polish,then just a quick way and then bugs should not stick easy.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
i do a lot of country driving and end up with every bug under the sun on the bonnet, i find polishing is the only way to remove easily and to prevent them from sticking

robert43

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bog standard vz executive
You know what panel beaters use Wax and Grease remover you put it on the bugs wait 30 mins then wash the car and all is gone only problem you have to polish the parts where you have done it ,
You get wax and grease remover where auto panel beaters get there paint , all of that commercial stuff is watered down kero :rofl: