Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buick Into VS (I have my reasons)

hotweelz

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 VS II Statesman (With a SunRoof ;)
Hey guys, as the title suggests im putting a buick and T5 into A VS Shell i just picked up so ill give a quick rundown on the Story first haha
Basically My December 88' Series 1 VN 5 Speed got defected and it was clear it wasn't going to live thru the pits, so i went on then hunt for a VN-VR Shell, end ended up with a $400 VS Botanic Mica Sedan with no motor and a blown box

So at the moment everything is bolted in just needa hook up the fuel lines and power steering, but i discovered a problem, The Plug one the ECU end of the Engine bay loom was different to that in the VS, But i have fixed this by switching over to a VP Engine Loom, But now ive discovered another problem, The Plugs in the engine Bay (Drivers Side Firewall) One is the same but the other is different so im basically just looking for a wiring diagram for that to get her started and running in the VS Shell, I Have the VS Engine Loom that i Can Cut bits of off or Use Instead of the VP one if that would work, I also have a VR Mid BCM and Key head if I need it

Cheers
Greg

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You wont get the car registered with an older engine fitted.If its a VS,it will need the ecotec engine to comply with rego rules (in NSW anyway),I dont know about SA.Its probably the same there too.

hotweelz

Reaction score
Members Ride
don't have to go over the pits here unless you get defected for Vehicle Inspection Station (only "major" defects) mate, so that's not really a problem, and if i do ill silicon a vs engine cover to it ;)

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
Arn't you going to have to give them the engine number for the car and then they will figure it out?

hotweelz

Reaction score
Members Ride
No, the car still has the plates on it from when it was last registered last year and i have the papers to transfer it into my name so it wont be a problem, just need to figure the wiring out on the small back plug at the driver side of the firewall, or use the VS Engine loom if i can

hotweelz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Could i get away with using the VS ecotec engine loom on the VN Motor with modifying it a bit, I know i will need to extend a few wires to reach the Series 1 Temp sensor and change the Alternator plug aswell as convert it to run only a single o2 sensor, but other than that the car should run?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
need dual knock sensors dual o2 sensors cam sensor coolant sensor maf etc all fitted then it would need dyno tuned to run properly just not worth the hassle to run vs ecu on the vn engine

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
If you have an accident and your vehicle is inspected, you will be found 100% in the wrong as your vehicle will be found un-roadworthy with that engine and should not have been on the road. Your insurance company will just rip-up your insurance cover.:rofl2:

This thread should be deleted or locked as the mod is illegal.:lock:

hotweelz

Reaction score
Members Ride
This hole thing is turning into a headfu*k thinking now i might put it off for a while and try and track down a cheap ecotec to put infront of the T5 or maybe even a L67 if i can find one for the right price

hotweelz

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you have an accident and your vehicle is inspected, you will be found 100% in the wrong as your vehicle will be found un-roadworthy with that engine and should not have been on the road. Your insurance company will just rip-up your insurance cover.:rofl2:

This thread should be deleted or locked as the mod is illegal.:lock:

if it will make you happy, we could just pretend that this car wont be seeing the street?