Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

buick to ecotec conversion

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
hi all
i own a vs with a ecotec and 5 speed getrag box (very good nik box with new clutch) in it, it is accident damaged (bent chassis). whole car there just missing the radiator.
i am looking at buying a vr/vs wagon and doing a running gear swap. i have found a vr with the buick motor for the right price.
all i need to know is how big a job is it to change from buick to ecotec, i know that i will need to get the drive shaft lengthind but would there be anything else that would make this a no go?
or would i be better to find a vs with the ecotec already fitted and just do the manual conversion?
cheers

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
hi all
i own a vs with a ecotec and 5 speed getrag box (very good nik box with new clutch) in it, it is accident damaged (bent chassis). whole car there just missing the radiator.
i am looking at buying a vr/vs wagon and doing a running gear swap. i have found a vr with the buick motor for the right price.
all i need to know is how big a job is it to change from buick to ecotec, i know that i will need to get the drive shaft lengthind but would there be anything else that would make this a no go?
or would i be better to find a vs with the ecotec already fitted and just do the manual conversion?
cheers

see if this is of any help.....best of luck
StreetWagons.com • View topic - Ecotec into vp

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
hi
thanx i had a quick read and dosnt sound to hard maybe?
i deffinatly wouldnt go the l67 (would be awsomn) cause i already own the ecotec.
anyone know if i would there would be any issues with the steering box? is there a differance between vr vs or are they the same? both cars are executive spec