Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Build and Delivery process updates

rouseabout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 in Red Hot, waiting for my VF11 SS
Either Holden customer care or the dealer should be able to give you a build date or delivery-to-dealer date

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Either Holden customer care or the dealer should be able to give you a build date or delivery-to-dealer date

Hey mate, did Peter Kittle give you updates or did you ask for updates?

p.s I drove past your place on Saturday morning (was in the black SS with Peter Kittle plastered down the side of the car) gave you a wave. But you probably heard the LS3 anyway :)

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
If you can get your GMON from the dealer, then I can provide updates along the way.

Essentially the car goes from milestone to milestone until it arrives at the dealership and is then retailed:

20 = ordered (embryo). Car ordered by dealer or Holden waiting to be picked up for build. (2-3 months out).
30 = preferenced. Car is picked up for build. (2 months out).
32 = scheduled. Build week assigned (last milestone for any changes before it's locked in) (6-8 weeks out).
33 = sequenced. confirmed build date assigned. No more changes can be made at this milestone (6 weeks out).
34 = broadcast. roughly the same as above. Cars go from 33 one day to 34 the next. (6 weeks out).
35 = Body Shop. Car is actually being built. There are sub-events under this that don't show (i.e. 37, paint shop).
38 = Assembled. Car is built. Local builds can then enter the HEC for accessories to be added and can sit at this milestone for a few days.
40 = Delivered to sales. Car is officially built and has left the factory.
4B = Parked at the Elizabeth yard or at Prixcar/Adelaide Rail. Plant stock cars sit at this milestone until picked up by a dealer.
42 = Physically in transit to the state you live. Some cars go directly to dealers by truck, so will skip the steps below.
4B (again) = Delivered to the rail yard in your state.
42 (again) = on it's way to the dealership.
50 = Delivered to the dealer
60 = Delivered to customer.

Hope this helps. :)

rouseabout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 in Red Hot, waiting for my VF11 SS
Yes, I saw and heard you. I was in the process of selling my VE. Once my car was programmed for building the dealer gave me an estimated delivery date. I'd ring them every couple of weeks to check on it. It ran past that date because of some part issue that caused the production of V8's to stop for 2 weeks.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
If you can get your GMON from the dealer, then I can provide updates along the way.

Essentially the car goes from milestone to milestone until it arrives at the dealership and is then retailed:

20 = ordered (embryo). Car ordered by dealer or Holden waiting to be picked up for build. (2-3 months out).
30 = preferenced. Car is picked up for build. (2 months out).
32 = scheduled. Build week assigned (last milestone for any changes before it's locked in) (6-8 weeks out).
33 = sequenced. confirmed build date assigned. No more changes can be made at this milestone (6 weeks out).
34 = broadcast. roughly the same as above. Cars go from 33 one day to 34 the next. (6 weeks out).
35 = Body Shop. Car is actually being built. There are sub-events under this that don't show (i.e. 37, paint shop).
38 = Assembled. Car is built. Local builds can then enter the HEC for accessories to be added and can sit at this milestone for a few days.
40 = Delivered to sales. Car is officially built and has left the factory.
4B = Parked at the Elizabeth yard or at Prixcar/Adelaide Rail. Plant stock cars sit at this milestone until picked up by a dealer.
42 = Physically in transit to the state you live. Some cars go directly to dealers by truck, so will skip the steps below.
4B (again) = Delivered to the rail yard in your state.
42 (again) = on it's way to the dealership.
50 = Delivered to the dealer
60 = Delivered to customer.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for that mate, thats some great info to know.