Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Building a second floor in VT boot

Trent1291

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S Pack
Can anyone please tell me how to build a second level in my boot out of MDF board... im stuck on how to have the board fit the mould of the boot...

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
simple take out the carpet for the floor and voila you have your template

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Yeah, that's exactly how to do it... But I was too stupid to think of that the first time and used cardboard and trimmed it until it fit the boot. It took forever and wasn't necessary :bang:

Trent1291

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S Pack
lol the cardboard idea was my first thought... argh now i need to take out all my system from my boot and unwire it all and blah blah blah ... its going to take a while...

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Borrow someone else's boot carpet... You must know someone else with a VT :)

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
It would also be better if you have some spacers under the MDF so floor is raised slightly. Mine is flat on the floor and sits on top of all the cables so it's not flat. Just glue or screw some MDF off-cuts to the bottom of your false floor to allow easy running of cables.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Question: Do people who fill up their boot with gear (like custom enclosures, false floors etc) have some trick for getting to the spare tyres, or is it just the cost of having such a system?

Has anyone with a decked out boot ever run a flat and had to dismantle the whole thing on the side of the road?

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Question: Do people who fill up their boot with gear (like custom enclosures, false floors etc) have some trick for getting to the spare tyres, or is it just the cost of having such a system?

Has anyone with a decked out boot ever run a flat and had to dismantle the whole thing on the side of the road?

You could just hinge the section needed to get to the tyre, but then you would see a trap door in the floor.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Yeah, some people make a hinged lid over the spare... I was too lazy to do that so I just took my spare out and got a kit of tyre slime :)

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Surely you could hinge it then find a way to hide the hinge, ill be giving this a bash soon as my odds of a flat have increased the past week lol