Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bullbar ADR Question

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah ok those blokes have built half the ali bars you see around. Who has to lift the defect, police or inspection station?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
the guy said it was compliant

Unfortunately doesn't mean anything unless it's in writing with some kind of approval. I'm guessing it's a problem of obstruction of vision and the forward leaning means that if you hit a person it would probably push them under the car instead of onto the bonnet.

The ADR you quote sounds like a manufacturing reg for car makers, so I don't think you've got a leg to stand on for the VR/VS shape thing because it's about how the car is manufactured, not about an aftermarket part. Otherwise that would leave the door open for people to put as much crap on pre-95 cars as they want.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Who built the bar, north Tas or south? We're the number one BB state. I reckon 30% of cars here have bars.

Do you blokes have a 'livestock' problem in Tassie?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
No, wildlife. Drive after dark and you have a high risk of hitting roo.

Lunchbox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8 Ute
Yeah ok those blokes have built half the ali bars you see around. Who has to lift the defect, police or inspection station?
Was a self clearing defect, but I'd say the next time he gets ahold of me it might be different. Although I did go to an inspection station and was told it was fine, but that was before I did my own research.

Unfortunately doesn't mean anything unless it's in writing with some kind of approval. I'm guessing it's a problem of obstruction of vision and the forward leaning means that if you hit a person it would probably push them under the car instead of onto the bonnet.
Yeah was hoping for that but I feel he didn't want to say too much in case it back fires on him, which is fair enough. Not a vision issue but yeah it's all about "If you hit a pedestrian".