Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bumper protectors

Pazzu

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SS Thunder 2017 VF S2 SS
Anyone has an expericne in bumber protectors with respect to which one would be more effective?

or a generic stick on one form fleabay

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
The roll-over flap gives far wider protection than the scuff plate.

It's also easy to remove and doesn't look unsightly like the scuff plate.

The flap also used to be available as an accessary from Holden spare parts for Holdens and HSV's and still might be.

I have one in my shed that came with my last HSV, it was free with a $90k car.

Last edited:

Pazzu

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SS Thunder 2017 VF S2 SS
The roll-over flap gives far wider protection than the scuff plate.

It's also easy to remove and doesn't look unsightly like the scuff plate.

The flap also used to be available as an accessary from Holden spare parts for Holdens and HSV's and still might be.

Makes sense,
Seems to be the better option. Think the original one might be a better fit https://www.originalpartsgroup.com.au/genuine-holden-ve-vf-zb-commodore-boot-lip-protect

I'm just curious if this would work with a boot rubber mat that Im looking to get with it. If it doens't work then I'll forgo the mat.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
How does the VE/VF/ZB one attach?
It seems a little odd/unlikely that the boot would have been designed to have similar dimensions, given the ZB design was completely unrelated to any real Commodore?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
How does the VE/VF/ZB one attach?
It seems a little odd/unlikely that the boot would have been designed to have similar dimensions, given the ZB design was completely unrelated to any real Commodore?

The one in my BMW fits other vehicles and I once used the one from my HSV in my C63 when I was putting luggage in at the airport.

Mine have a Velcro strip at the top that attaches to the boot carpet and to use them, you simply fold them out over the rear bar and back into place when you're finish.

1694579065335.jpeg

1694579080591.jpeg

Last edited:

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Makes sense,
Seems to be the better option. Think the original one might be a better fit https://www.originalpartsgroup.com.au/genuine-holden-ve-vf-zb-commodore-boot-lip-protect

I'm just curious if this would work with a boot rubber mat that Im looking to get with it. If it doens't work then I'll forgo the mat.

[/URL][/URL]
Pazzu, you no doubt noticed that with the trunk mat pics on the OPG link you’ve provided, that only one of the pics shows the mat in the back of a vehicle but it’s a wagon not a sedan even though the ad is for a sedan mat? Due to the wagon not having a lip, along with the regular shape of the cargo area, the mat fits the wagon extremely well as shown in that pic and the bumper protector attaches by velcro to the carpet under the trunk mat and then flips neatly up onto the mat where again lies completely flat. There’s no reason why you couldn’t have a similar set up in the sedan boot but the trunk mat will not look the same as the mat in that vehicle pic.

Forg, I’ve got no idea about fitment in a ZB but would the ZB require the wagon mat and not the sedan mat...I can’t imagine either mat fitting as neatly in a ZB so maybe some trimming required??..but I really don’t know.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Mine would be in the shed too, I'm rather skillful at removing stuff from the boot without dragging it over the bumper!