Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Burnouts In A VR

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
No way should oil be going on a road... do it on private property... but nowhere else folks.

Having said that,, I may just wait til my tyres need replacing... may need to find some private property :p Coming out of my place I have to stop and turn a corner going uphill,,, little too much pedal and off goes the spin. Rear inner tyre lifts a bit coming around the corner so way too easy to do.

brentons_house

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
people are expressing their burnout techniques how about drifting. Rain light traffic perfect conditions. My smoothest drift was unintentional.

chunderlicious

tight ass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE clubby A6
i did a perfect drift with my open centred diff ute on a bone dry boiling hot day going straight through a roundabout. hit it at about 40 and as it changed down a gear (i really hate autos) it slid out perfect, i had full control glided straight back to where i was going and off i drove with a big grin on my face and the kids on bikes back up the road with looks of awww.

other than that i took an RX7 turbo for a test drive and had a ball down some back streets, every corner was swinging side to side :whistling ... i love housing estates and turbos are even better. :king:

best conditions for control are dry, cool days with a tight lsd or locked rear manual gearbox. turn into the corner early while clutching (changing down if revs needed) then turning the wheel out and watch the back hopefully stay where it is..... i think that the hardest part of it is to NOT over steer, other wise you loose control very quick and normally spin out.

PLEASE NO ONE DO IT WHEN OTHER PEOPLE ARE IN YOUR CAR OR NEARBY.

brentons_house

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
my best drift was through a roundabout also I didn't mean to but it was pouring down rain and halfway through I put my foot a lil on the accel and the wheels spun and the back end went out then I just let off the accel and straightened it was awesome normally I over steer abit and it kicks the other way.

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
1 that comes to mind for me was also un-intensional... turning left onto the highway... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo bout 80kms sidways.... past a mack truck... my was he impressed... even gave me the thumsb up.. couldnt do it again even if i tryed.. (yea was raining)

G

GTS215

If you want a whopping white cloud of smoke, use Bleach its the best burnout additive.

zegerman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive MANUAL
hey guys i got a manual Vs V6 Stock as a rock and it has LSD but i cant get the second wheel spinnin.... i havent really pushed it yet.... that meaning i don't apply barakes or nethin... i just give it heaps and go. but how do i get the left wheel spinnin???? do i just have to give it more or what?

brentons_house

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
GTS215 said:
If you want a whopping white cloud of smoke, use Bleach its the best burnout additive.

hmmm I might try that, pour some on my back tires. :whistling

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
I can vouch for bleech.. makes your car do a burnout of a similar car with 600hp :) good ****

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
Notorious, sounds like your LSD is a bit worn, A little brake will assist in getting that left wheel to kick in or try steering to the left and creeping a little to reduce the left wheel grip, see how it goes.