Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Busted wheel stud option

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I've had that once, I bent the tyre iron removing the cross-threaded nut, never went back to that shop. Should always start a nut by hand a few turns before using power tool but I guess that takes to much effort for some.

r3b3lw0lf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Excecutive S2
I broke a sca ratchet AND a 19 mm socket trying to get my fker off. Got new set from supercheap. First hard nut it hard to crap n it broke lmao.
SuperCrap auto lol

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
What i did was go to pinch a part with nut in hand put nut on stud n hammered out. Come back home. Took tyre off, brake caliper off, used nut to whack out broken stud... then put in all studs. Used nu to tighten til they rested in place. Undone nut. Put everything bk n didnt do up tight. Now been a problem since :)

Congratulations, you have done it exactly the way an expert should do it.

r3b3lw0lf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Excecutive S2
Well nah... the "expert" would use a rattle gun to put it back on. Is why they pay top dollar lol

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The rare occasion i have replaced studs i have used the press. Had one slip once though and it shattered the socket i was using. Since then I have used impact sockets.

r3b3lw0lf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Excecutive S2
How bout replying to my rear bumper issue. Thats the urgent one lol :)

I admit... while i am turning into part time backyard mechanic... changin heater taps, front back bumpers, installing spoilers, changing water pumps n thermos n cat converters... had no idea bout how tught to di tyres. Tighter tge better i thought. But noooooooooo... do them just a bit more than they bite n they stay on lmao

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
How bout replying to my rear bumper issue. Thats the urgent one lol :)

I admit... while i am turning into part time backyard mechanic... changin heater taps, front back bumpers, installing spoilers, changing water pumps n thermos n cat converters... had no idea bout how tught to di tyres. Tighter tge better i thought. But noooooooooo... do them just a bit more than they bite n they stay on lmao
right.....

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Years ago, a mate of mine was having new mags fitted to his HG at the speed Shop. The bloke used a rattle gun to tighten the studs and actually snapped off a stud on the front wheel. He just chucked the nut and broken stud aside and kept going.

The problem was that my mate was watching. When he'd finished, the fool just said "you're right to go mate.". Well, no, what do you intend doing about the busted stud? Umm, nothing....

The owner of the speed Shop soon sorted that out, though. One New stud and nut, on the spot. And a position vacant sign for tyre fitter in the front window the same day.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I broke a sca ratchet AND a 19 mm socket trying to get my fker off. Got new set from supercheap. First hard nut it hard to crap n it broke lmao.
SuperCrap auto lol

I wouldn't use supercrap tools to undo a push bike wheel nut, let alone anything on a car....The tools are pee weak....The sockets and spanners don't fit snug on the bolts, which makes it prone to rounding them off...So you got what you paid for....Crap