Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Button will not activate central locking. How to fix.

tony aitken

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Hi just wondered if anyone can tell me how to unlock my boot on my ve berlina as the remote is not working.....i have tried to use the ignition method you suggested and it didnt work...i thought could i thought if disconected the battery as someone else suggested thanks

jeepyrocks

Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW 535D, VR V6 Ute
press the button in the glovebox? better yet, fold the center seat down and there is a yellow tag there- pull it to pop the boot.

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
I tried this in my VS sedan about 30 times & it did not work for me. We had recently had thunder storms & lightning come through for two days in a row. Car had been move to where it was a week before. Battery is good (recently replaced), I grabbed the spare key fob as well & tried. But alas it did not happen to fix the no start (sercurity) or the door lock unlocking. My car is also fitted with a Kalmaker Tune memcal, so hesitant to pull the battery lead off for a couple of minutes to reset. In case it doesn't link that side of things back up.

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
You might have to reprogram your keys
I have had the key fobs check via a good locksmith service. They said both keys were giving out a strong signal when the buttons were pressed. Which to them means the BCM itself has an issue. So looking for a replacement with key fob already linked.

2012 Vess Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss Ute, flex fuel,
I have had the key fobs check via a good locksmith service. They said both keys were giving out a strong signal when the buttons were pressed. Which to them means the BCM itself has an issue. So looking for a replacement with key fob already linked.
Hi did you work it out as I have the sam issue atm
Cheers

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes. My issue was a sticky Ignition Relay. I went through pulling the fuses & relays checking them all. The ignition one didn't work on first check. So replaced it with a new one I had. Everything worked from the key fobs once again. I just had to do the 60 second handshake because it has a Kalmaker Chip. Then it cranked over & fired up after the door open button was pressed to lift the security & switch the red flashing light off.

Reactions: Lex