Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

buying a iPhone

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
I'm looking at buying an brand new iPhone 3GS.
I've been to a few stores around town and most of them only have the 4G, or 4GS. With the stores I found with the phone they are asking $430ish, brand new unlocked on Telstra.. That's cool.
But looking online they seem cheaper offering the same the stores are but cheaper.

Should I buy online? (eBay) or go and buy it from a store?
If you think I should buy it online, do you have any recommendations? (sellers, online stores, etc)

I've only really bought a few things online and I know there are scammers out there.. So I'm a bit cautious about that.. or else I would of ordered one already.

Cheers.
Don't tell me iPhones are crap, and don't tell me I should buy something else. They suit who I am, I loved my iPhone and till it died It was used and abused and not a problem with it. (untill I ran it over and threw it at a wall)

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
maybe a phone plan?
heaps of plans out there, its just as easy to go into the shop and ask, i did and im pretty happy with my 4S.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
maybe a phone plan?
heaps of plans out there, its just as easy to go into the shop and ask, i did and im pretty happy with my 4S.

Not to keen with a phone plan, Your locked in for 2 years or something.. Prefer buying it outright.
Plus by the time I'm done with paying it off iPhone 6S will be out and the price of 4S will be like $300..

james1988

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
I agree with phone plan option.
But if you buy from eBay just look for buyer positive feedback percentage thing.
You are generally safe on major eBay stores. I wouldn't be concerned at all buying from eBay

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
Not to keen with a phone plan, Your locked in for 2 years or something.. Prefer buying it outright.
Plus by the time I'm done with paying it off iPhone 6S will be out and the price of 4S will be like $300..

fair point, but i didn't think i'd chuck out my Iphone within 24 months, i had my last one for about a year and a half lol
and phone insurance is A LOT of your mind.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
fair point, but i didn't think i'd chuck out my Iphone within 24 months, i had my last one for about a year and a half lol
and phone insurance is A LOT of your mind.

Mmm, I would of kept my iPhone for aslong as I could've but yeah.. Accidents happen, luckily I had insurance on it..

I agree with phone plan option.
But if you buy from eBay just look for buyer positive feedback percentage thing.
You are generally safe on major eBay stores. I wouldn't be concerned at all buying from eBay

Did you get yours from eBay? - Guessing you have one considering it says posted from iPhone app, aha.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
I'm just wondering why the old 3GS? The iPhone 4 should be cheap enough with the new 4S out now.

I dont know, just always had it on my mind to get a 3GS..
That's true enough, I'll look the different Generations before I decide I guess

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Dont buy a iPhone from eBay. Basically you want Proof of purchase to ensure you get your full 1 Year warranty, Tax Invoice, Apple does not except ebay receipts as its not a Authorised seller.
They are $449 directly from apple. http://store.apple.com/au/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone/iphone3gs
Try and go for a 4 Mate, the 3GS is old, its slow, and wont be supported for to much longer just like the 3G.

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
A lot of Ebay Sellers will shop you a tax invoice that you can use, just make sure it's an Australian seller :)