Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying a ve which model ?

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Hi guys
Im going to sell my xw falcon and i am going to buy a ve V6 For my ls and ps. I will spend 9k to 12k for the right one. What models are the best lumina berlina omega etc.. ? For my price range
Cheers Travis :)

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
If you look hard enough you can find a nice Berlina in that price range, depending on how many Ks and options it has.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Yeah i would settle for a omega for about 9k to 9.5k but i would like a berlina cause of the few more options and theres only about $1500 differance.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Go to some car auctions and you'll find some 06/07 Berlina's with about 110k km for about $11k - $13k

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Berlinas are good the only down side is really the 4 speed Auto but at least it is cheap to work on and service compared to the 5 and 6 speeds.
However most of the commos in your price bracket will have the same trans so yeah go berlina. I have had next to no trouble with mine. Easy to work on.
Keep in mind the timing chain gremlins in some of the early VE's. There are a few threads on here that tell you the model numbers to watch out for. I think anything after mid 2008 is safe ?
Also consider a good VZ rather than a big VE if you are a young guy driving around by yourself half the time.

TechRecruit

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
*Suspence*
Why dont you sell the VT aswell? I thought that was for your l's? Indisicisve bastard ;P

I would settle for a Berlina man. You will pick one up with around 100kms in your price range. Or alternatively, make mum and dad chip in a few biccies ;P

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
The good thing about these cheaper models is you can buy them looking average, and as money comes in, you can modify it to how ever you like. They're a blank canvas. If you're not sure what model to get, just go through a whole heap of each on carsales.com, pick out the top few, and test drive all of them. Don't worry so much about km's, as if it has been serviced accordingly and generally looked after, it should be fine. In saying that, don't buy a car that's done 200k over one that has only done 120k for the sake of a grand.