Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying vfII sv6 ute

simins

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pack
Hi Every o e I'm pricing up a sv6 ute atm and I was thinking about getting a auto with paddle shifters are they any good? What are your thoughts any ups and downs with them I will have to test drive one for sure if there no good I'll just stick with the good old manual and save a few grand

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Why ask when you can test drive one and see for yourself?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
They don't call them test drives for nothing.

bradles024

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR8
Love the paddle shifters, I was originally going to get a manual then test drove a series 2 auto with the paddle shifters and loved them so bought one.

simins

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pack
Yea they sound good do they shift pretty good I can't wait to test drive although I'm waiting to get my insurance since I rode off my old ute waiting for that's first

bradles024

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR8
In sports mode using the paddle shifters I thought was good, quick up shifts and rev matching on downshifts. In drive it seemed a little lazy but I don't really think that's an issue as it was nice and smooth. If you want to have some fun just put it in sports mode.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Have a think about what you're wanting in this car, and obviously go take a test drive.
I've never really understood the enthusiasm for flappy-paddles. I know that they move the gearshift so you don't need to take your hands of the wheel, I know that in combination with a better gearbox than the Commodore one they allow faster changes & better acceleration ... but an auto is still an auto to me (which includes computerised manuals), there's less driver involvement. Great if you're trying to win a race, meh everywhere else.
I can understand the auto aspect if you're sitting in peak-hour traffic for 2.5 hours every single day, particularly if you've got a lot of hills involved in the crawl; but I still preferred being involved, when I had that commute (albeit only for 9 months before moving).