Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bypass ignition switch start position

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
Hi is there any way to bypass the ignition switch start position

Like have key in car switched to on position & get the ignition start position to activate with out turning the key through relay or fuse ?

VEO55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
So you want push button start, but after you insert the key and turn the ignition On? Much like the FPV range that have a patch harness and drill a hole into the dash for the button. There is no real convenience achieved with this mod.

** Just re-read the OP, you want to start the car without having to manually crank the engine? Why?

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
I've had ECU issues and had replace the ECU my used ECU needs reprogramming to my vin an calibration but I can't start the car to take it to Holden service

I've original plug in a used ECU and get the immobiliser fault in the dash, I've removed ignition switch/thief fuse from the passenger fuse box and now the car when u turn key to on

It goes through systems check all clear no immobiliser fault goes to 0km like the car wil start
But due to removed ignition switch fuse u can't get the final ignition start position to crank over te car

Would connecting positive to the start motor positive connection work ?

sort of like this

relay.gif

basically i want to manually bridged the relay contacts for the starter motor to try and crank the car over with the key in on position

Last edited:

VEO55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
You have been thinking hard about this.. But no it will not work.
Everything needs to be able to communicate for the car to run, otherwise they would be too easy to steal. By pulling the fuse you haven't really bypassed anything.
You're best off putting it on a truck, get Holden to reflash your ECU and be done with it.

alan smithy

alan smithy
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon
a couple of months ago the barrel broke in the ignition on position in vs. racv got me going by taking start relay out and bridging it to positive. i think it was the bottom connection. then to stop it, removed fuel pump relay. done that for 2 weeks till i got new ignition switch. but i think you are looking for permanent fix. anyway it got me out of trouble.