Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bypass VS V6 anti theft to put motor in a boat

4bait

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Hi guys

Putting a VS V6 motor into a boat

anyone know if you can Bypass the anti theft for starting. looking at the flow charts the BCM supplys a 5 volt current to the ECM to say it can start the motor, but that just sounds too easy.

have already started getting the engine ready and the watercooled manifolds etc are nearly finished but want to get everything else organised before starting the transplant so as to minimise the down time etc.

Have the same engine in a Hilux but the ECM was modified to suit it hoping to do this one without The ECM mods if possible and dont really want to wire in a BCM and use a holden key in a boat. (after all it doesn't need central locking either LOL) and for reliability out on the water it needs to be as basic as possible.

Cheers Andy

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You can switch it off in the tune and reprogram the memcal with it off, probably cost you 50 bucks. That's the easy way out

warrjon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jaguar XJS V12 & VXII Super6 Calais
Hi guys

Putting a VS V6 motor into a boat

anyone know if you can Bypass the anti theft for starting. looking at the flow charts the BCM supplys a 5 volt current to the ECM to say it can start the motor, but that just sounds too easy.

have already started getting the engine ready and the watercooled manifolds etc are nearly finished but want to get everything else organised before starting the transplant so as to minimise the down time etc.

Cheers Andy

I recon it will great boat engine good lowdown torque. Who did your manifolds? and can you post pics. I was thinking of this but just had the 2 350's rebuilt and the boat is on the market anyway. But would be good to know for next one...

4bait

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
I recon it will great boat engine good lowdown torque. Who did your manifolds? and can you post pics. I was thinking of this but just had the 2 350's rebuilt and the boat is on the market anyway. But would be good to know for next one...

there are a few mobs around that do the manifolds in Stainless there is one in Dandenong and they are around $2400 they also sell them on Ebay. Commodore V6 Manifolds HI PERFORMANCE Stainless Steel - eBay Motors, Engines, Parts, Parts, Accessories, Boats, Watercraft, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 02-Jan-10 01:46:48 AEDST)

there is also a place in NewZealand called Wasp marine that do complete conversion kits including bellhousings and cast alloy manifolds

if you look at this wasp marine site they do the Buick V6 in the jet boats and get around 350hp out of them Wasp Marine if you have a look at the V6 engines on here they are awsum.

i'm building my own similar to the ones sold on ebay out of 316 stainless and building my own Alloy bellhousing as well. Will post some pics when finished.

Do you know who locally in Melb (Cheltenham area) reprograms the memcals?

Cheers Andy

4bait

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
need to locate an 8 bolt flywheel as well if anyone has one kicking around.

doesn't have to be real flash as it won't be running a clutch just need to bolt the drive plate to it.
I think a flex plate will be too light and it will probably stall at idle with prop load.

Cheers Andy

Eddie Brock

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Ute
Am in the process of doing an upgrade on a Bayliner, the hard part was making the transition plate to go from the Mercruiser bell housing to the Ecotec engine. Just take the security off the ECU and strip down the loom.