Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

C.O.M.E racing manifold plenum for ecotec

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
so in a round about way your saying you agree with what i said in the first place...thats how i read your reply.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
sircruisealotVS, no disrespect man but weren't you running a piggyback ecu when you had all the trouble with your ride including the twin TB and MAFless tune? and have since gone back to the factory PCM only?

project seagull is now MAFless using a LINK ecu (only retaining the standard ecu to run the old slushbox) these come standard with either a 2bar map sensor and can be optioned with a 3bar at purchase if required. the LINK is a full stand alone ecu and not a piggyback system, it however can't control a slush box

maniac has just had his ride MAFless tuned for some good gains, some 13rwkw approx. not bad for ditching the old MAF i say.

i previously had a MAF on my V8, it was ditched when the LINK ecu was fitted, the MAF however was not fitted with a screen when i purchased the car and there was no provision for one. no idea about gains as it was done before i purchased the car.

all things considered i think it has been conclusivly proved by the LS1 crowd that MAFless tune is better.

the only model that seems to have trouble with the larger TB on the ecotec seems to be the VS (and maybe VT), later models have better, more powerfull ecu's which do compensate for the TB and don't have the trouble with the slushbox like the VS does (you do seem to have been the test mule for a lot of these problems sircruisealotVS)

on the subject of the original question, the COME ecotec manifold. honestly it's not worth the $$$ they want for the gains achieved. get Street Machine march 2008. they have a article on this exact manifold with dynograph. for a quick rundown on the article check my thread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/v6-development-modification/69960-ecotec-development.html it covers the article and has some suggestion on how to achieve the same same gains for a lot less spent.

if your after the big numbers like you are shwarno and are willing to spend big to get that last rwkw from the engine then by all means get the COME manifold. as has been well documented in this thread, bang for buck the ecotec isn't the best engine to modify, especially if you don't want to go FI. however things are improving because of the ever tightning of laws regarding P platers and what cars/ mods they can/can't have etc making the humble V6 more popular then ever before

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
sircruisealotVS, no disrespect man but weren't you running a piggyback ecu when you had all the trouble with your ride including the twin TB and MAFless tune? and have since gone back to the factory PCM only?

yeah, certainly was, there's no disrespect there - you just telling the facts.

my comments are still valid though, because with each combo it was tuned at the same place on the same dyno by the same bloke and the stock setup came up the best overall in the end.
infact the best was achieved using the stock delco and stock t/b and maf with a kalmaker tune. the best i had with my microtech running mafless with stock t/b was a few hp less than this - and was completely useless on the road.
the thing made decent power and all, but driveability was shocking. not to mention the whole transimission side of things - which came back numerous times after trying different things to get it working right all the time as being because i was running mafless. i didnt know but apparently the 'box needs the maf signal to operate properly. - im guessing if it where kalmaker tuned mafless this problem wouldnt happen, i dont know.

shwarno

Shwarnostics!
Reaction score
Website
www.dirtydepo.piczo.com
Members Ride
VS Ute S-PACK V6
sircruisealotVS.... why would i even bother telling such a narrow minded twat like yourself anything to do with performance.. i dont realy even beleive u have eyes.. because clearly its easy to see how a ported maf would be an advantage in any case!. the only stroking you've done is of your..... need i say more?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
nice dodge of the question there....

the whole maf thing - read what ive said mate. it you cant grasp it then its your loss.

MACE

Reaction score
"if your after the big numbers like you are shwarno and are willing to spend big to get that last rwkw from the engine then by all means get the COME manifold."

I'm more then happy to put our twin throttle manifold, with insulator, up against COME's manifold anytime, as ours does offers better air distribution and lower pressure drops :D

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
"if your after the big numbers like you are shwarno and are willing to spend big to get that last rwkw from the engine then by all means get the COME manifold."

I'm more then happy to put our twin throttle manifold, with insulator, up against COME's manifold anytime, as ours does offers better air distribution and lower pressure drops :D
Then maybe I suggest you look at advertising on the site like all the other sponsors rather then posting here and sending members PM's.

shwarno

Shwarnostics!
Reaction score
Website
www.dirtydepo.piczo.com
Members Ride
VS Ute S-PACK V6
i've already spent a few BIG dollars.. whats a few more.. were just trying to get what i've got running 100% then i'll go from there.. but i've got a fuel supply problem.. something to do with the fuel pump or fuel reg.. also one question! are vs commodores ment to hold pressure in there fuel lines when the car is turned off and has been for a while? when i removed my tank i notice there was'nt any.. if so would that mean a crook fuel reg?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
i've already spent a few BIG dollars.. whats a few more.. were just trying to get what i've got running 100% then i'll go from there.. but i've got a fuel supply problem.. something to do with the fuel pump or fuel reg.. also one question! are vs commodores ment to hold pressure in there fuel lines when the car is turned off and has been for a while? when i removed my tank i notice there was'nt any.. if so would that mean a crook fuel reg?
Nope not ment to hold much pressure in the lines/rails, thats why you can hear the fuel pump prime before you start it.