Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

C.O.M.E racing manifold plenum for ecotec

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
haha that kinda sucks man.
when is that happening? i cant wait for some results from u two blokes.

12th of July its on - im hoping to get out to willowbank before then though, as soon as those temps drop as winter sets in it'll be awesome for times :thumbsup:

djeyecon

black is back.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute 3.8 S V6
I already have a 2.5" exhaust system and this weekend (if my mate is finally free) i will be getting advance headers fitted, that's about it.
Steve from MACE has already showed me his gear which boast very high results.
I am very interested in what MACE has to offer and so far have been looking at getting a set of 1:98:1 rockers, manifold insulator, plenum spacer and larger throttle body from them.

shwarno

Shwarnostics!
Reaction score
Website
www.dirtydepo.piczo.com
Members Ride
VS Ute S-PACK V6
maf sensor a reality

a vt air box will fit if ur not a sheep... CUSTOMISE!.. and the maf sensor does make a big difference.. i have dyno results to prove it and so do 4 other people in mildura.. (north west victoria) i do have a chip tho.. the chip does not include the porting of the maf and it was running a bit lean.. registering 14 on the afr's before i replaced the fuel pump that was shagged.. i'm currently running 147rwkw.. thats with injectors that have never been cleaned... and that was with the old fuel pump that WAS cutting out.. mace engeneering sell a FULLY ported maf sensor so why BE SO CRITICLE OF PEOPLE. 200rwkw might be steep but u have to aim high to acheive anythin.. split fire plugs and leads made a different bigger then night and day.. dont beleive me.. DONT TRY THEM.. wont make a difference to ur basic commodore.. but for ur high compression motors it does.. cheers.. and yeah.. step up with ur n/a v6's and show me one pulling more.. hey? if u dont have one.. then maybe ur doin somthing wrong cheeers bye

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
a vt air box will fit if ur not a sheep... CUSTOMISE!.. and the maf sensor does make a big difference.. i have dyno results to prove it and so do 4 other people in mildura.. (north west victoria) i do have a chip tho.. the chip does not include the porting of the maf and it was running a bit lean.. registering 14 on the afr's before i replaced the fuel pump that was shagged.. i'm currently running 147rwkw.. thats with injectors that have never been cleaned... and that was with the old fuel pump that WAS cutting out.. mace engeneering sell a FULLY ported maf sensor so why BE SO CRITICLE OF PEOPLE. 200rwkw might be steep but u have to aim high to acheive anythin.. split fire plugs and leads made a different bigger then night and day.. dont beleive me.. DONT TRY THEM.. wont make a difference to ur basic commodore.. but for ur high compression motors it does.. cheers.. and yeah.. step up with ur n/a v6's and show me one pulling more.. hey? if u dont have one.. then maybe ur doin somthing wrong cheeers bye

Yes you can fit a VT air box in a VS with a complete custom base, there are a few members who have made this mod. if it's worth much power is debateable as a standard VS panel filter will flow more then enough air for V8 (let alone a V6) however a larger panel will take longer before it gets clogged with dirt and reduce airflow potential. it has been well proven that enlarged TB's on Automatic VS ecotecs are problomatic at best without a retune. same would go for a fully ported MAF, then again, if you wanna go down that road, why not fit a genIII (ls1/ls2) MAF, again you would need a retune to make it work (these come standard on the raptor VS ecotec kits)

i would also beleive that raising the compression has much more effect on power output that splitfire plugs. but then most guys aren't that keen to rip of there heads to raise the compression and are happy with bolt-on mods only so it's a mute point really.

14:1 AFR isn't lean really unless your talking about WOT in which case you would be looking for about 12.8-13:1

you have obviously had it on a dyno to know it's 147rwkw(as well as AFR's), why not post the dynograph for all to see

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais

i really dont care what you think works, you can do what ever you like - i just dont want naive people to read what you've posted and follow suit because doing some of the stuff your saying to do has serious detrimental effects to the engine (re: ported maf's).
ontop of this, quoting a 14rwkw gain from changing leads and plugs and having a "half ported maf" installed is rediculous. a gain like this isnt feasible and if you knew anything about engines you'd realise how stupid it sounds to quote such a gain.
then you just topped it all off by saying your going to have a 200rwkw n/a V6 when your done - an impossiblity in itself and clearly the sign of someone who doesnt really understand what they're talking about as its a completely unrealistic figure.

KhaosInc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V8 M5
200rwkw is possible in the buick engine but thats a race engine. lol.

buy one for US$55,000 free f4000 chassis :p

formula holden cars ran the 3.8 and made 350ish bhp at the engine. and they had to have the stock intake manifold too.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
i think your talking about a different american engine Khaos.

shwarno

Shwarnostics!
Reaction score
Website
www.dirtydepo.piczo.com
Members Ride
VS Ute S-PACK V6
imortality i agree with almost everything you say.. if only other members were'nt so narrow minded. 200rwkw v6 n/a is'nt impossible only people that go to college and earn NO INCOME would say such a thing. the fact that i'm spending enough money to transplant a 6L (if it fits) into my ute.. i dont care. i'll post up all 3 dyno read outs of it after my cam and headjob. after my maf porting and split fire plugs and leads. and after my new exhuast (twin 2.25's with twin cats into a single 3" exhaust). let the results speak for themselfs