Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CAI (cold air intake)

rufion

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Wgn
Holdenboy_VS said:
PHP:
I am interested in sorting a cai for my VS v6 ecotec.
Could some please explain how to do this????
what I need etc best place to get as well...

cheers in advance

i just went and bought a supercharge C.A.I from holden for $97 and i also have a VS V6 ecotec :drink: :drink:

ebay...$57 plus 5.50 delivery, fitted in a lazy 30 minutes and makes the mid to top end power smoother and more responsive ( seat of pants testing ).

hold-on

Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongraphics.co.nz
Members Ride
2005 SV6
just had a look on ebay, is this what I am after!!!! also do I need any other bits or will this do the trick. plus a K&N of course

Attachments

• ac_1_b.jpg
    ac_1_b.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 161

Holdenboy_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLOWN VS
Today 05:05 PM
hold-on
just had a look on ebay, is this what I am after!!!! also do I need any other bits or will this do the trick. plus a K&N of course

thats the one mate, thats your C.A.I...... thats all u need...and to fit jus cut ur old bottom half of the air box out to fit
:drink: :drink: :drink:

hold-on

Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongraphics.co.nz
Members Ride
2005 SV6
cai onway k&n on monday cant wait!!!!!!! got a set of extractors lined up for a hundred bucks just have to save a few more dollars and will get those put in!!!!!!!!!

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
i got a cai from holden a while a go and i recond i should of just cut a hole in the botom of my air box and through the wheel arch and run a pipe from my vs supercar front bar to the air box. (it would of been a fair bit cheaper but the only thing really stoping me from going that way was i didnt want to cut a hole in my car). i dont recond the cai does anything and if it does i dont notice it. after all the cai sits above the radiator so dosnt that make the air hot neways.

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
well i got my CAI from holden about 2 weeks ago, put it all in, i baught 3 parts tho, i baught the bottom half of the air box.....its a better fit than trying to cut it....its not much extra...i dont know why you guys are paying so much, i got mine for $75 thats all three parts..

what are the advantages of these k&n filters? and what are they worth and where do you get em?