Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cai ve ss

G8GT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESS
VCM looks good. So dose the Dus speed ... it looks very stealth and factory.

VCM and Dus speed are Over the radiator same as orossom and ziggy
So if I am not going for ramjet or russo should I go for VCM

ssavage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 9.5
It's not the fault of the manufacturer ... it's the fact that there is not enough room in front of the radiator for the filter section if there is a trans cooler sitting there. It's also not as easy to tip back the radiator. Basic fact I'll attach a shot of my engine bay so you can see what I mean ... look at the 2 x red brackets that extend the top two radiator mounts by about 80mm

Here's the thing ... you go Russo or Ramjet if you want the very best kw possible ... you can still get good results from Orssom, Ziggy or some of the other OTRs that sit above the cowling rather than in front of the radiator.

4168122305_33db41752a_b.jpg

I have an SSV A6 with a Du Speed otr which has the scoop behind the front grill and it fits fine...is there somthing im missing

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I have an SSV A6 with a Du Speed otr which has the scoop behind the front grill and it fits fine...is there somthing im missing

I believe the Dus has an air pickup there, but not the actual filter ... which means it doesn't need the space.

G8GT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESS
VCM and Du speed are like ramjets and russo or its like Orossom and ziggy

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
The ramjets & russo otr's have their air filters sitting in front of the radiator, whereas the vcm, Duspeed, Orssom & ziggy have theirs sitting ontop of the radiator(Duspeed & ziggy have airscoops directing airflow into them).