Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais Boot, VP Calais Owners Help...

VT_R8ted

Reaction score
Members Ride
White on Silver VP Calais
VP Calais Owners....

I need some help, can someone tell me if the inside of your boot lid is lined?? i think i got jipped the lining....
oh yeah and if someone could post a pic of their locking mechanism as seen from the inside of the boot that would be very handy.... i dont think mine has the right one on it....
I reckon i got a friday arvo boot, that they couldnt be bothered finishing, in 2 much of a hurry 2 make it 2 the pub....

Any help would be great,

Al

VT_R8ted

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks guys, mine looks the same so thats a plus, only prob now is as to why my elec boot release wont work, from either the remote or the button in the glove box. Do yours work? I might hav 2 hav a closer look at those fuses or sumthing...

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
Well my electric boot release on the remote never worked (didn't think anyone else would have the same problem), of course the one remote I got with the car was a bit broken, and has actually stopped working now. The one in my glovebox works fine, on the odd occasion I have to press it a couple of times but apart from that shes all good.

fu2

The Man With No Name
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina II - GU Patrol CRD
i would say the mechaism that opens the boot release is stuffed. if you look where the lock is you should see a greyish coloured box. thats probally your problem. i will see if i can get a picture of it tomorrow for ya. but yeah my boot release didnt work so i replaced that and now it works everytime.

2greedy

VP Calais (SSV)
Reaction score
Website
www.designaglo.com
Members Ride
VY SS HBD6speed manual 5.7ltrs of manual GRUNT!!!
well i have had no dramas with my remote boot working but it can be a pain getting it to work from the remote? what i normally do is wave the remote around to get it to work.

VT_R8ted

Reaction score
Members Ride
hmm ok, ive had a look and cant see any grey box?? if you have a chance to take a pic and post it up that would be great, i had a thought last night that the boot may have been replaced a while ago with an exec boot and hence no elec boot release, if thats the case might have 2 have a hunt around and find one... bugger..

VT_R8ted

Reaction score
Members Ride
fu2 said:
yeah sorry about that. i should have it up tomorrow night. been flat out with work from tafe

ye no worries,
dont i know it.... things flat out my end also. weneva you can will be fine, itll just be good to know if its a quick fix or not.
Cheers