Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais CD Problems

Arth

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
I got my 99 VT Calais II last week. With regards to the CD player which is a 10 stacker, it keeps giving me an E-99 which according to the manual is an error 99. The manual says if you get this, all you need to do is hold to on/off button down for 6 seconds and it will reset it for you.

After doing that it worked fine for a few days then went back to its E-99 stuff. I have tried over and over to reset it but it doesn't work this time. Can anyone help me out?

Is there anything I can do or should I take it to a Holden service centre to get it checked? Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
Check out this thread here for more info. But I think it's bad news for you. Eurovox are located in Rowville and can fix it (takes a few days) but be warned it won't be cheap - the MINIMUM you will be charged is $150. If you go through Holden they'll just charge you a fortune to act as the middle man. The alternative is a new stacker, which will set you back about $700 from Holden.

Cheers,
Mark.

par

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VX GTS
Eurovox Cd Stacker Problem

Hi there, I've got a VX GTS with the "Maestro Series" 10 Stack Cd in it and i am having the same problem. I've held the "on/off" button for 6 seconds frequently and also pulled out the power pin in the stacker in the boot and replaced it several times without success, the E 99 error code still comes up. I just wondered how you got on with yours and if it is still working ok. cheers

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
Demons1964 said:
Check out this thread here for more info. But I think it's bad news for you. Eurovox are located in Rowville and can fix it (takes a few days) but be warned it won't be cheap - the MINIMUM you will be charged is $150. If you go through Holden they'll just charge you a fortune to act as the middle man. The alternative is a new stacker, which will set you back about $700 from Holden.

Cheers,
Mark.
Hi i had the same problem,rang Eurovox up said send it in will take about 3 weeks to look at min charge $150.00.

i said stuff that new 1 $400.00 delivered next day
Cuckoo

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Mine came up with a code that said cannot read disc. When i tried to pull the cartridge out it was jammed but i eventually got it out only to find that a disc was jammed inside the player. The reason the disc was jammed was because a wheel had fallen off the drive motor so the disc would not spin. I eventually got the disc out and stuck the wheel back on the drive motor with loctite. I had trouble finding the drive wheel because a magnet inside the cd player pulled the wheel away from the motor where i could not see it.

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
cuckoo said:
Hi i had the same problem,rang Eurovox up said send it in will take about 3 weeks to look at min charge $150.00.

i said stuff that new 1 $400.00 delivered next day
Cuckoo
$400- that's not too bad. Was that buying direct from Eurovox? Back when I had my problem with the VS stacker, Eurovox wouldn't sell new units direct to the public, I assume it was because they were still supplying direct to Holden for manufacture in new cars and Holden had the rights to be the sole distributor. Now that Holden have changed to Blaupunkt, I guess that the contract between them and Eurovox is null and void. Anyway, gives a good indication of what Holden's markup is on the stackers.

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
Demons1964 said:
$400- that's not too bad. Was that buying direct from Eurovox? Back when I had my problem with the VS stacker, Eurovox wouldn't sell new units direct to the public, I assume it was because they were still supplying direct to Holden for manufacture in new cars and Holden had the rights to be the sole distributor. Now that Holden have changed to Blaupunkt, I guess that the contract between them and Eurovox is null and void. Anyway, gives a good indication of what Holden's markup is on the stackers.
yes direct from Eurovox
Cuckoo

Fiddler100

Fiddler100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTCalais 98
I have had the same trouble with my unit with same error. Evntually had to take it to Eurovox in Rowville Melbourne. Cost about $100 for some parts and labour. Error happened again within 12months and returned it under warrenty. Haven't had any trouble for awhile now. I think they replaced a clutch in the stacker.

Arth

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
I didn't bother with any of that. I Just new the stacker was stuffed so went and just got my own head unit and haven't looked back since. The stacker still sitting in the boot, just not connected.

Cheers

thehair

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais 5.7
Hi there, I've got a VX GTS with the "Maestro Series" 10 Stack Cd in it and i am having the same problem. I've held the "on/off" button for 6 seconds frequently and also pulled out the power pin in the stacker in the boot and replaced it several times without success, the E 99 error code still comes up. I just wondered how you got on with yours and if it is still working ok. cheers
i hav a vt calias and my stacker caME up with the same message e99 and then preceded to get stuck any ideas for getting it out would be much appreciated