Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais cluster

manualwagon

manualwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 calais, 2017 Triumph Tiger. 2023 Jolion HEV
Hi all, am just about to fit a calais dash cluster to the trusty wagon, but have a couple of Qns. first, I read somewhere that it is a "Plug N Play" job, but then some one else mentioned that there is another part of the dash loom taped to the original loom. If so, where does the other plug into?? Qn 2 Oil pressure sender for the guage looks like it has 2 wires on the plug. Is there another wire somewhere in the engine bay??? John

Last edited:

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Yes it is plug n play, I think the wire taped is for the low fuel light.
For the oil pressure to read the correct reading you will need a variable oil pressure sender off a calais or berlina, otherwise it just says full pressure or zero.

manualwagon

manualwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
:thumbsup: Thanx for the quick reply, I know that the cal/berlina dash needs the pressure sender unit, not the off/on switch. The sender I looked at at the local Burson had a plug on the end of the lead with two wires, but the oil pressure switch on the engine only has one wire, hence the second Qn, is there another lead somewhere in the engine bay????John

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
just run another wire from the dash to the sender unit thats what i did on the old vh. Doubt they are the same but vb-vc variable sender unit only has one wire was the one you were looking at genuine?

manualwagon

manualwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've been doing a bit of checking and there is a lead very close to the oil pressure switch, and I am going to presume that is the plug for the oil pressure sender for the guage. If any one has a VL workshop manual and could check the wire colours I would appreciate the info, once again I am very grateful for any info, regards John. PS next project Change it from "armstrong" steering to power steering. John:bang:

Last edited:

warney

did you say bukakki party
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL skid car what else are they built to do
you will also have a tacho, thats NOT the pink wire spliced from the coil !!!!! but i could be wrong !!!!!

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
yeah the wire for it is there I think it was blue or brown (bad memory LOL) but yes it is taped down near the sender. go to calaisturbo.com to see if there is a guide, they have a guide for almost everything on vl's GREAT site.

starfire vc

now on 10 pound
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL turbo, RB30ET VH wagon, 64 EH in the build.
ucwepn. did u get it all 2gether and goin? . coz iam just bout to put a calais dash in my executive

manualwagon

manualwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi ucwpn. will be doing change ova this weekend, got oil sender from wreckers, wiring diagrams on way so i can follow things like tacho, will make new post afta completion. John:thumbsup:

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Mine has been up and running since the day i got it. all except fot the oil pressure sender which i have deemed unnecesary atm but will get it done prolly when my car goes to bresciani for the suspension kit in the next couple of weeks. I did grab the loom that came with the cluster just to be sure and swapped it over (people with big hands will hate doing it). all guages working perfectly with no modification except for me swapping my speedo into the new cluster because my car is auto and it was a manual cluster. The difference between manual and auto clusters is the manual speedo does not have the speed sensor on the back to plug into so the car would change up fine but would never ever kick down and taking off from the lights in 3rd sucks. So swapping the speedo which took an extra 10 mins or so and gave me a chance to give the cluster a good clean, as well as letting me keep my original K's which at the time was 240ish (now nearly 270 LOL).

So in short it should all work when plugged in unless that particular guage is broken.