Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

calais dash into berlina

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
well im needing a new dash soon coz my trip isnt working and its really pissing me off,
i was wondering did all the calais come with low fuel warning lights? i was read my holden vl hand book and it said where fitted, so would this be optional over the complete range?

would this have to be wired up or would all the cables be already hiding in the dash some where coz its optional. if i was to need to wire it what would be needed? what sensor, new float in the tank?

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
pro1438 said:
myn dont have one
ur calais? coz i wanna know so i can ask 4 a calais dash or do i have to check every1 4 the low fuel sensor light, and any1 know about the wiring for them? do i need to wire it in or are they hiding in the dash some where

sully

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
it will all work fine except the oil guage, someone else can explain that... i don't know that much... but it just plugs in the same as the other one no problems...

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
sully said:
it will all work fine except the oil guage, someone else can explain that... i don't know that much... but it just plugs in the same as the other one no problems...
im talking bout berlina dash 2 calais. they both had the oil pressure gauge and volts, i just wasnt sure bout the low fuel indercatorand if it was stock on calais

sully

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
hmm my bad i misread it then... in that case i can't help...

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
dose any1 know the awnser to my question? need 2 know coz i need a low fuel lite and a new dash is needed soon

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Series 2 Calais Clusters have low coolant and low fuel warning lights. And a Reverse light. Not sure about series 1.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bax said:
Series 2 Calais Clusters have low coolant and low fuel warning lights. And a Reverse light. Not sure about series 1.
ahh thanx bax:drink: the info i needed. would i have to wire up a sensor into thje tank or would it already be there and just plugs in to loom bhind the cluster

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I can't remember seeing any spare wires for it when I switched from my tacho dash to my s2 calais cluster. So, I'd only be guessing, but I'd say a switch would need to be put in.