Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais factory sub delete

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
Hey guys i just installed a sub and amp in to my vy calais and was wondering if i should disconnect the factory subs/amp that are in the parcel shelf it seems that at say 30 volume the new sub is fine but you can here the factory subs struggling and distorting
cheers fil

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hey guys i just installed a sub and amp in to my vy calais and was wondering if i should disconnect the factory subs/amp that are in the parcel shelf it seems that at say 30 volume the new sub is fine but you can here the factory subs struggling and distorting
cheers fil

Yeah just pull the amp fuse.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
is it located under the steering wheel? or

I believe it is.

This is only a VT but I believe its the same, #24

95355d1277014641-99-vt-fuse-diagram-pleeasssee-help-dsc01792.jpg

Interloper94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Is it possible to turn the gain down on the factory ****? would be my first option.

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
pulled the fuse, yeh it was number 24 all sorted now, its not really worth it like they do the job at low to medium volume if youve got a fairly new head unit put in but if its the factory head unit they're terrible, going to pull them out and replace them with some 6x9s and an amp eventually

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
If you pull the left side liner in the boot the amp is mounted behind the wheel well, it's pretty easy to get to. The amp has a fuse and a gain knob, with the Calais I have the gain is set to half so I'm guessing that's where it might be set from factory. Up to you if you want to still run it or disconnect it but I guess it wouldn't hurt to see what it's like with the gain turned down.