Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais front bar on VE Omega Series2 ?

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
I'm looking to put a calais front bar on my 2012 VE Omega Series II.

I'm pretty sure I need the bar and grill only. Am I correct that this will fit?

Why? I just like the calais bar more than the omega bar and I get to install driving lights also.

cheers

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
yes it will fit. as also these bolt on as well are series 2 Calais/Berlina/SS/SV6 and there all got the fog lights on bottom. . just make sure the Calais front is off a Series 2 and u want to also get the matching headlights from either a Calais or SSV and if u decided to fit the Calais tail lights u will have to change your bumper to a Calais rear bumper

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
you can use your headlights. but there normal ones. calais/Berlina/SSV/SV6 have projector headlights. they look much better

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Ive been looking in to this, as I have some slight damage with my front bar.
Unfortunately the big problem is the cost (Calais front bars are pretty hard to come by).
You will need the grill, upper chrome bonnet lip thingie (Series II version, as it is slightly different to the series I chrome bonnet bit), and bar.

Let us know if you find a good source, or a good price.

Another alternative Ive been looking at Series II SV6/SS/SSV front bars, and brand new (Non Genuine but aftermarket repos) are pretty cheap. Less than $190 new
The chrome grill bits add another $360 or so to the cost, and then there is painting.

Anyway, let us know if you find anything, or have a rough price estimate for the bar and grill

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
places like holmart in melbourne have a good range of genuine and aftermarket holden gear. and borgies in melton wreck a lot of the VE range including HSV would have the calais parts u need. i bought my aftermarket SSV headlights for $220 from holmart. these are the same headlights as the Calais

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
Ive been looking in to this, as I have some slight damage with my front bar.
Unfortunately the big problem is the cost (Calais front bars are pretty hard to come by).
You will need the grill, upper chrome bonnet lip thingie (Series II version, as it is slightly different to the series I chrome bonnet bit), and bar.

Let us know if you find a good source, or a good price.

Another alternative Ive been looking at Series II SV6/SS/SSV front bars, and brand new (Non Genuine but aftermarket repos) are pretty cheap. Less than $190 new
The chrome grill bits add another $360 or so to the cost, and then there is painting.

Anyway, let us know if you find anything, or have a rough price estimate for the bar and grill

You're right.. the cost is probably going to steer me away from this option.
I found a Series II Calais bar - primed and ready to paint - $180

I haven't yet found the bottom insert, or the grill, or the driving lights - I think these would surely be over $300 in total.

Probably too exy to take this option. I might just repair the existing one and get Berlina bezels and lights to fit.