Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais V Sportwagon Sound System

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Those of you who have fitted aftermarket subs/amp into a sportwagon how did you go with obtaining enough power from the head unit?

I find it hard to believe that my Calais V Wagon would have a different head unit to a Calais V sedan and that i wouldnt be able to run the factory bose amp off the head unit in my sportwagon.

How would i know for sure if this is true? as I would really like to fit the proper BOSE system into my Calais V
I just looked up the BOM for both the wagon and Sedan SSV Redlines MY17 and guess what? The radio asm is the same part number 92288119. I was told the speaker output on the Bose systems were actually low level power by one of the guys on this page. But I always wondered why I used a RCA converter from speaker signal to low level for the amp and has worked fine.

When I installed the additional amp in the rear of both my Calais V and redline, I used the trigger from the existing bose amp in the boot. But there is power in the fuse box at the rear of the car that is driven by the Accessory switch.

I have the wiring plug diagrams for the Bose Amp.

I still think if you are adding an amp, I would go after market and create an awesome system. you can buy speaker inserts for all the doors from supercheap or from ebay.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
What seems most likely is that the head unit is identical but unless you've got a factory BOSE equipped car the wiring isn't there.

Whether it's as simple as finding the pins for the pre-outs on the back of the head unit, and attaching your amps to that, I dunno ...

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
What seems most likely is that the head unit is identical but unless you've got a factory BOSE equipped car the wiring isn't there.

Whether it's as simple as finding the pins for the pre-outs on the back of the head unit, and attaching your amps to that, I dunno ...
The wiring may be in the body harness plug at the kick panels. Ute dash harness is the same as a sedan with rear speaker wires on the dash harness side of plugs. A Calais V wagon may have the Bose compatible sedan dash harness with the required wires at the kick panel plugs.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
The BOM has the sedan with these two wiring part numbers for the instrument panel:
95971323 HARNESS ASM-I/P COMPT LP WRG
92283480 HARNESS ASM-I/P WRG

The wagon has the following:
95971323 HARNESS ASM-I/P COMPT LP WRG
92283481 HARNESS ASM-I/P WRG

So it looks like the Wagon has different wiring to send the speaker signal back to the rear of the car where the subwoofer and amp is.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
So it looks like the Wagon has different wiring to send the speaker signal back to the rear of the car where the subwoofer and amp is.
You're best to check the harness plugs in the kick panels to physically see what wires are in the dash harness. The difference may be the rear wiper or something like that and not radio associated. There's a few wires in the Ute dash harness that doesn't extend into the body harness, stops at the dash side of the plug.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
You're best to check the harness plugs in the kick panels to physically see what wires are in the dash harness. The difference may be the rear wiper or something like that and not radio associated. There's a few wires in the Ute dash harness that doesn't extend into the body harness, stops at the dash side of the plug.
The bose system units send the audio all the way to the rear of the car first and then back to the door speakers/subwoofers while the lower spec models send the speaker signal direct to the speakers in the doors. The drivers side will only have the drivers side speaker signals while the passenger side will have the LH side speaker wires in the lower spec cars. I'm not 100% sure if all the speaker signal wires travel along the RH side of the bose system fitted cars.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
The Bose system wires appear to go down the RHS, so the pins you need to look for on the dash harness side of the plug in the RH kick panel are pins: 1,2,3,4,5,12,13,14,15,16 and 23 is amplifier control