Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais V Sportwagon

FelwintersLie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
IMAG0398_zpsk2b4cfwg.jpg

Picked up my first Commodore on the weekend. 2009 VE Series 1 Calais V Sportwagon, 6l V8, tan leather interior. Has a few little niggles to sort out, but that did allow me to negotiate pretty hard on price.

Issues to sort out
  • Some scratched up panels in the cargo area, will be replaced as I find parts;
  • CD stacker has "Mechanism Error" and won't eject, also has very dull/glarey screen;
  • Approx 1" of stitching coming apart on driver's seat, will get a quote to repair locally;
  • And last, has some issues with a rough idle and running rich.
Already installed, according to receipts supplied with car
  • X-Force 1&3/4 extractors, high flow cats, HSV centre section w/resonators, standard mufflers (for now);
  • GM Motorsports Super Stock Camshaft package;
  • Sat Nav;
  • Holden heavy duty tow pack;
  • Factory roof racks were supplied;
  • Factory Rear DVD Player, no headphones though.
  • Harrop OTR
  • Tuned by LSX tune Seaford.
Wish list
  • New wheels, probably 19s;
  • Lowering;
  • Tint, darkest legal, or a bit more;
  • XX- plates from my old car will be installed;
  • Replace both keys, they're a bit worse for wear;
  • Audio, short term replace/repair stacker, long term Alpine replacement HU, factory sound is absolutely gross;
  • LED light bulk change;
  • Rear headphones for the kidlets;
  • I'm sure there'll be more things to add to this list as time goes on.

Last edited:

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Looks good! Odd to have a cam and not to have the otr done? Hows the fuel go with the cam?

FelwintersLie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Haha, as per my other thread fuel economy is trash. The cam was installed after the stock cam was found to have wear on the lobes due to a couple of the standard lifters crapping out. Just looking through some other peoples rides threads, I definitely need to lower this thing on bigger wheels asap.

COOP_VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Series 2 SV6 Wagon Alto Grey
Just brought myself a sedan a couple weeks ago was looking for a wagon because i reckon they are a bit sexier but for the price and Ks of the car I couldnt say no sedans have grown on me but wagon will always be superior

FelwintersLie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Wagon was a no-brainer for us, we've got two kids. We had a magna sedan until now, I don't think I could go back. I don't know why families buy those jacked up hatchback "SUVs" most of them are tiny inside compared to the commodore.

COOP_VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Series 2 SV6 Wagon Alto Grey
Im only on my Ps so I dont have to worry about the family thing haha but when the time comes an SUV will never be an option I hate them with a passion wagon or large sedan.

Car looks great btw needs some wheels and some slight lowering and id ditch those mudflaps

FelwintersLie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Yeah I've got my new handbrake to swap over on the weekend, I was planning on doing a full detail on the leather and pull off those mudflaps too. Wheels will be after the otr and tune that I'm hoping to do in the next couple of weeks.

I've discovered that the roof racks I have are sedan ones, so the rear crossbar needs to be shortened by 20mm or so.

One of the things I really love about this car, coming from driving Mitsubishis for over 10 years, is the price of parts. So cheap in comparison.

FelwintersLie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
I'm thinking 20s now, but that's a future problem. Grille looks good. Harrop OTR is fitted now as well.