Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

calais vs calais v

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
hey guys i have been looking at a few ve calais v models and have to say they are rather nice infact i like them more than the ss v so i got a few prices for the calais v and they want around 38000 for it with 44xxx 06 plate with the 6ltr, sound about right? and the 3 places i have rang do not have the normal calais so i havent got a price on that yet

so after finding what i want before i buy i have a few questions, i have do a few google searches and have noticed they have some faults!

1. have many of u had problems with the electrics? ie stero not working? software updates?

2. how is the comfort ride? i heard they put some performace suspention like the ss v for the sports feel? still smooth?

3. how is the mid to low torque range on the 6ltrs?

4. is it worth the extra cost to go the V over the normal calais?

5. any other faults u may be aware of?

6. does the v6 have much more poke than the vz v6? was considering a v6 if it had some better gain than te vz? ie more defined better take off? [but 99% will go with the 6ltr

7. every car i get i always put extractors on [only ever had v6] do the 6ltr benifit from this or do the standerd ones do the job? same as the exhaust does that need to be opened up?

thaxs for the input scott :beer chug:

Last edited:

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
the build plate will tell you if it has fe2 as with early models or later ones had fe1.5 for better ride comfort

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
I've got the Premiun Calias V6 and it has the fe1.5 suspension and the v6 motor goes like a rocket you can even do the old kick down. In sports mode they really move, I am very pleased with mine and there is more than enough power for your needs maybe!!

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
I've got the Premiun Calias V6 and it has the fe1.5 suspension and the v6 motor goes like a rocket you can even do the old kick down. In sports mode they really move, I am very pleased with mine and there is more than enough power for your needs maybe!!
interesting m8, so there not slugish like the vz engines? i have the 175 kw, and with the fe1.5 suspention how smooth would u rate it [comfort is good to have ] so there is a nhormal and a sports mode? how much did u pay for ur v6? if u dont mind me asking

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
Mate i had the same choice you did SS or SS-V. I went the SS-V 5K more then the SS but i alot more for your money.
- Leather
- Bigger Wheels
- LCD screen
-Power Seats
- Flip Key
- Projector headlights
- Clear tail ligths
yeah the exta 5k seems worth it, plus the vhas the dvd player standerd with is cool, so no regreats with ur choice m8? any power differnce between them?

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
The fe1.5 suspension was put in to make the ride smoother which it is every one has commented how smooth they are, I had the fe2.0 in my VZ and every time I went over a speed bump I just about hit my my head on the roof!!, there are 3 positions on the trans, ordinary drive, sports mode & manual which you have to change the gears.
I paid new $45000.00 less employee discount 21% plus on road costs $38800.00 on road with spare wheel.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VU II SS
My 2 bobs worth

I would argue that the 'V' looks good on paper but value 4 money? A bit more than 8 grand + in price diff for the new ones - I've got me doubts. My Calais was a demo model with the V extra of user memory leather seats & has FE2 suspension. SUPERB ride & handling, couple that with 195 Kw she really motors but can still get less than 8L p/100km on the highway doing 110 km/h. Got it with only 11000 km on the clock & had another 50000km of trouble free motoring.
As for extractors, ask just about anyone & they'll tell you to go the whole hog & get a free breathing twin system & CAI as well.
Holden's flagship luxury sedan hands down! Love it.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
the factory system is more than adeqaute for the 6 just new rears and removal of the crimp section and see is as free breathing as any

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
thanxs for the input fellas i will be going the 6ltr the v6 seems to just no cut it [in my eyes] so then i will open her up to the extractors cats zorst otrcai and then i think i will leave it for a while. i will defently look for the fe 1.5 over the fe2.0. Ronaldw thats a great price m8 the cheapest i have seen in south australia so far is 31200 with 50xxx not the v model but, so the v has fe2.0 correct?