Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cam 232/236

vp5lute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5lt
hi i'm wanting to know if a 232/236 625 lift cam will pass epa test for engineering

cheers

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Are they testing the exhaust gases or sound, or both

Pretty sure it won't pass a smog test but there are ways to fool them

vp5lute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5lt
hey munz

yer this is what my tuner talked me in to going lol. the epa told me that to pass the cam needs the exhaust inlet to close as some other input opens as they cant close at the same time as fuel will shoot out the exhaust something like that
that stuff gos over my head thats from the epa in nsw head inspector where the car will be getting engineered
had the heads done like you said from other thread as well plus lifters and full cam kit

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Yep so your talking about cam overlap there! Which that cam has 10º (degrees) of overlap. There's no real way around it unfortunately unless you change the cam specs.

Does it have to be dead closed to be passed? or is there some leeway as 10º is farq all really

vp5lute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5lt
not sure my tuner reckons he will sort it along with the exhaust guy ways around things he put it lol

03VYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ute SS 5.7 M6
Yeah the right tuner would be able to tune around it and pass. My ute's on a 110 lsa and a 232 profile cam as well as extractors and full exhaust and high flow cats. Zero issues