Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cam package + nos or supercharger

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
go have a look at ls1turbo.com.au if you already haven't. they've got some cool ****.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
That list of things included is really dick all....
Just enough to mount it on and get it running.
5psi wont be anything crazy, if you want more you will have to do a lot more.
Capa are expensive.
Get the injectors from the US, they are cheap as anything, and the exchange rate is now awesome to us :p

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
As ive been there and done it before several times, there are many things to think about, like whats the best decision to go. Everyone's got different decisions and budgets to follow.

As you do have an Auto, your choices are limited.

As a powerdyne is the lowest form of sidemount blower, at low engine rpm's i think you will be disappointed, for example 3 psi at 3000rpm, is plain boring. And at higher engine rpm total of 5-6psi so you will net very low power figures. Basically the same as a cammed ls1.

However as you do have an A4 you will need a stall to match the camshaft, so dont forget about this when working out a quote.

Power figures and price......these are approx power figures on the mainline dyno, none of these prices are with exhaust mods etc etc.

LS1 with Powerdyne Blower 285rwkw ($7000 fitted, tuned, map sensor & injectors)
LS1 with NOS Shot only 315rwkw+ depending on shot size ($4000 fitted, tuned, injectors and pump)
LS1 with camshaft & NOS 350-400+rwkw once again depending on size.
($9000 cam install, fuel system, injectors, fitted and tuned)

So personally i know what i would be doing.

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
cheerz for comment brad, and every1

have chosen to go the cam route and nos setup after

this is the cam im thinking about 237/242 @.050 @ 2500-6900 rpm
its spose to be a turbo killer as written on the GM motorsport site :p

or even

240/242 112

what do u guys reckon about that ?

cheerz

Last edited:

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
After finally getting on the dyno yesterday I can give you a few figures to play with. Cam only with a conservative tune 365 rwhp. Cam with 100hp wet shot with a conservative tune (6deg pulled upon nos activation) 478 rwhp. This cam is 226/231 @50 on 110 lsa. Couldnt get the bottle filled on site due to the owner awaiting a fitting but early stages look like it should be a good thing.
I will do some back to back runs on the weekend with nos off & then nos from 3rd gear up & post up the times.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
try Injectors Online Home for cheap injectors, these are bosch items too, so a good price, o44 motorsport fuel pump $230+gst. very cheap compared to $400 quoted in one of the posts, there a discount/wholesale type place, can order online, email them, etc, goodluck hope this helps you and anyone else.

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
sounds gd vt1538 let us knw how she goes on the wkend

cpbait just had a look on that site, fairly cheap i must say, cheerz

so what do u guys think about those cams i sussgested above wud u guys reckon they will be too big?? a few guys hav said 232/234 is a good 1... but im just looking for more power for my $$ here or if u guys a suggestion plz share :)

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
yeh but man some times more power doesnt mean speed. if ur not gonna drag the thing go for somthing smaller maybe around the 220's?? somthing that sorta starts making power a little lower in the rev range so u can use it on the street kinda thing. or else ur gonna be gettin smashed but blokes in rice boxes lol