Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cam seem alright?

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
thats tiny mate! i think its nearly the same as the ls2 cam. get something in the 22+ range or it wont be worth it. i dont know much about lunati so i stuck with comp cams as thats what people on here recommended i do. i got mine from the states for that price including postage and i also got lifters, dr timing chain and pushrods.

Aussiecv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro & VE SV6
Does this cam seem alright for price for my ls1?if not anyone able to link up another as im not sure what ima to look for as i only have plans to cam the ls1 replace valves springs etc. only have bolt on`s atm headders cat exhaust otr cai .
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Take a look at these guys. They will do a complete kit for the same price as the one you found. I bought mine from these guys.

Just becareful of the lift, because if you go over .600 you will probably have to fly cut the pistons.

COMP 265 RPM HI-LIFT LS1-LS2-LS3-LS

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
thats tiny mate! i think its nearly the same as the ls2 cam. get something in the 22+ range or it wont be worth it. i dont know much about lunati so i stuck with comp cams as thats what people on here recommended i do. i got mine from the states for that price including postage and i also got lifters, dr timing chain and pushrods.
Any chance you can post a list of your mods mate? What are the specs of the cam you got & how do you like the feel of the car now ?

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
COMP 275 XFI RPM HI-LIFT GM LS LS1-LS2-LS3-LS thats the kit i bought, cat back twin 3", in the process of buying headers and high flows from naaf. getting mafless tune once exhaust is finished as i ran out of $ when putting cam in, decided to put in new plugs leads rebuild power steering pump, superlow kings, monroe gt's, nolathane bushes, catch can. new head gaskets and head bolts because i replaced lifters, valve regrind gasket set. sooo much torque! i love it, doesnt idle very well because i havent got it tuned yet.

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
Cheers mate, just wondering is it easy enough to do the cam myself or leave it to a mechanic?

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
still looking for a grind? your car is manual yeah?

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
Yeah mate still looking for the right cam to suit re mods I have, and yep it's a 6spd manual. Just abit worried on how the bottom end will handle it since the car has 230,000ks and I'm not to sure on how I would inspect the block etc before putting goodies into it

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
IMO in a manual much better off going a smallish cam as you dont have the advantage of a stall convertor

something around 224/228 would be perfect

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Yeah mate still looking for the right cam to suit re mods I have, and yep it's a 6spd manual. Just abit worried on how the bottom end will handle it since the car has 230,000ks and I'm not to sure on how I would inspect the block etc before putting goodies into it

Don't worry bout the block/engine it will hold up easily

its the clutch thats gonna fail