Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camber Adjustments

mick82 sydney

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Manual Executive
Hi,
I have lowered my VT 1inch and 2inch ride height and want to know if I need to adjust my camber cause in the wet it slides all over the road...And what would I have to do..
help appreciated
Cheers

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Im not sure but i think only VX have the camber adjustments, for yours u will have to get a camber kit.

My camber is out prolly the same as urs but i dont get any slide in the wet if not its better than previously.

mick82 sydney

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Manual Executive
Yeah my tyres are terrible in the wet but i heard that it also had to do with the camber so im just trying to figure out if I need to adjust for better handling and tyre wear..
Cheers

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
How bad does the tyre wear. mine wear bout 2-3cm on the inside.

Kit will cost bout 90 for 2peice soo 180 for 4piont then to get em fitted or do em yourself.

mick82 sydney

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Manual Executive
Yeah about the same 3cm...do you know what the kit comes with..Ill put it in myself..I havent done camber before but im sure I could figure it out...I did think that you were able to adjust the camber slightly with it standard..or am I wrong??

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Im sure only VX had camber adjustments as Vt were bad to start with.

Camber kit is a rubber that replaces the existing rubber in your rear arms that connect to diff.
The difference is normal have hole thru the middle of rubber and camber kits onse are on a slight offset so that u can change the camber by twisting the rubber n cetre.

U need to get ur old onse pressed out, or use are nice sized clamp to push them out.

Ive got my kit sittin in my boot soo ill take a pic tonite and show ya wat they are.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
the old bushes are not too hard to remove, i cut one side of the lip off, then drilled thru the rubber, 6-8 holes, then with the removal tool pull them out (a old bolt and hammer can be used to punch them out also). just be cautious drillin the rubber as u dont want drill marks in the rubber housing. then slide ur camber kit in (2 piece), bolt her up, n down to bob jane or similar to get an alignment.

below is the part including removal tool
http://www.noltecsuspension.com/pop...and=GMH&series=COMMODORE+&+LUMINA+VT+97-10/00

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
U should be able to align them by eye, no need to go to tyre shop.

Just bolt it all together drop the car down have a look if out jack up n twist the kit till she looks right.

U just put the inner onse with the offset facing up then on the other face them down. so that it pulls the wheels in.

Not hard to align the rear

mick82 sydney

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Manual Executive
Cheers for that...Sounds easy enough...Now all I need to do is scrape together some cash.. Where did you buy the kit from