Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camera Advice

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
i want to buy a camera to take some good shots of the car, what are some good brands?

i was thinking something like this should do the job?> Canon IXUS115HS 12.1MP Digital Camera - Digital Cameras - JB Hi-Fi - Smashing Prices! on sale for $109 ends 2morro so i might go and have a look at it

my budget is around $100, one with HD video recording would be nice for when i do my audio vids hehe

thoughts and opinions?

thanks

EDIT: wouldn't the cannon one be no different to this Sony one in dicksmith? both are 12.1MP http://dicksmith.com.au/product/XG3159/sony-w510-digital-camera-silver

Last edited:

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
You have a lot to learn about cameras lol.
But if that's your budget, either will do the job you need them to do.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
if your budget is only $100, then fairly much any camera in that range is going to do the same job.
Just make sure you get one that doesn't use expensive storage cards. SD cards are the most common and cheapest.

Don't take a lot of notice of the mega pixel rating. Most cameras now have a more than adequate MP rating. Higher MP rating simply means more pixels, not necessarily better quality. For example my phone has a 12MP, but my old 7MP camera takes far better quality photos. The surface area and quality of the CCD has more to do with the quality of photo.