Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camshaft

roc23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv the beast
Anybody used a BTR LS3 Stage II
Camshaft package in there ve ssv auto
225.4/238.2 duration

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Anybody used a BTR LS3 Stage II
Camshaft package in there ve ssv auto
225.4/238.2 duration

These have been tested many times.
They're a good cam.

Here's one video there's plenty more. There's one where he compares multiple different brands stage 2 cams and they all perform about the same.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Haven’t personally had experience with that cam but looking at the specs would imagine it would need a stall converter

roc23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv the beast
Thanx lsx performance parts said the cam would be fine with the standard stall converter,im looking at this cam upgrade and dod delete kit. Or a vcm upgrade cam and dod delete kit,anyone got any thoughts on vcm.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
there is a bit of overlap in that BTR cam and with an earlier EVO so may still be ok with the stock stall if u have a good tuner, will have some loss of torque down real low, as long as the tuner TUNES down low it will be ok but most just dont give it the needed attention when a camshaft is fitted and just focus up top

3onTree

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline Sportswagon
If you're running a 2.92 diff you will likely need a stall. I had an even more mild cam, less lift and inlet/exhaust duration, and it kept pushing on the stock converter. I know the VF series 2 ran 3.27 diffs. I think yours would likely be a 2.92. I later fitted a 3.45 but I reckon the 3.27 is the sweet spot. Welcome to the mod money pit! Oh and with the BTR Stage 2, you're upgrading valve springs and getting the whole kit right? They run a bit of lift so will tax the valve train.

roc23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv the beast
If you're running a 2.92 diff you will likely need a stall. I had an even more mild cam, less lift and inlet/exhaust duration, and it kept pushing on the stock converter. I know the VF series 2 ran 3.27 diffs. I think yours would likely be a 2.92. I later fitted a 3.45 but I reckon the 3.27 is the sweet spot. Welcome to the mod money pit! Oh and with the BTR Stage 2, you're upgrading valve springs and getting the whole kit right? They run a bit of lift so will tax the valve train.
Yeah I'm looking at purchasing the whole kit,also been looking into 3.45 diff

H

harrop.senator

I don't like stock stalls with stock cam. When adding a performance cam you're always trading power from somewhere to somewhere else.

It's a performance upgrade and when you want it to perform why not flash it into the intended rec range and skip the doughie part.

With electronic lock up these days I can't honestly see a reason to run a stock converter over a high stall apart from wheel spin but if the suspension and the tyres are set up correctly it's less of an issue .

Should be able to tune the idle alright so that it's not pushing the brakes at lights though. All depends on what you want.