Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can anyone diagnose my engine trouble?

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Thats how it came off ari.

Im waiting to hear from a guy about when I can take the head in to get inspected. prolly next week sometime

de_overfiend

Beef is Good
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calias
i had a similar issue with my old skyline... misfiring and no compression on a couple of cylinders. gasket had gone on the water jackets allowing water to get into the combustion chamber. verified it by taking spark plugs out and cranking it over (water came out :)).
since you have the head off get it done and pressure tested. Make sure you check the block for flatness and put it all back together with new gaskets and you should be right :)

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
hey thanks mate. I should be hearing back from the guy fixing it pretty soon. So ill know what went wrong soon.

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Looks to be the valves not shutting properly and hence losing compression. Getting reconditioned tomorrow morning and will be all fixed

Thanks everyone for the tips.

bluebucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
moon buggy
Yep, cylinder 2 and 4 are both slightly open, no matter where the cam is (seems to be on the #1 exhaust) that is not right :)