Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can anyone help?

radon

Reaction score
Members Ride
SC. vt calais
Hi there,
this is my last lesort cause no body seems to either know or want to help,I am wondering if anybody knows how to get that back bit off the front seats in a VT series 1, the whole section with the map pocket and lumbar support knob on the side poking through it, I have just bought leather seats with the suede backs on them they are both busted, and the seats I already have also have the sueded backs on them so I figured hey cool thats easy enough I will just swap em over and no worries..............wrong! firstly I cant figure out how to get the adjustment knob off the side, secondly the rest of the back off the seat, any advice short of a crowbar, or petrol and matches,would be great !!

andrewgrazier

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT COMMODORE 50th ANNIVERSARY
yeah one of mines busted too
there is a way to do this thoguh like apparntly some different models of commodores have differnnt way that they are attached
Ill have a loook in the manual n get back to you tomoow

radon

Reaction score
Members Ride
SC. vt calais
no worries thanks!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Just yank them off, the clips will break, go to holden and buy 4 new clips for $5. Replace and it is done. Takes about 60 seconds in all.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
when i did mine the adjustment knob simply pulled off...you might have to twist it to its start point but should come off.

and as minux said with the backing just pull it down and out. it will snap the clips but new ones come with the new map pocket....just gotta be a bit rough

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
some models have a clip similar to that of a window winder handle . You have to push in on the cushion to find the ends then use a screwdriver to gentle pust the clip out.

radon

Reaction score
Members Ride
SC. vt calais
sweet as, thanks guys, i will go and rip into it now