Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can auto-park reverse park into a garage?

Mr_Toad

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda RX-8
Thanks all for the comments. The manual says that the car needs more space either side than a single garage door allows.
What a shame.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
So you won't use the garage because it won't auto park? Reverse it in yourself. Level up to man.

Mr_Toad

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda RX-8
It's a shame that there's reverse parking software in the car but that it cannot be used for that specific use.
Bit like the collision warning which doesn't actually apply the brakes as Mazdas and VW can do.
Close but room for improvement.

I drive forward into garages anyway, stops the fumes and CO building up as much.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I reverse in, because I can.

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
Like the joke says: She looked like a woman, she smelt like a woman, she felt like a woman, she kissed like a woman. But when she took me home to her apartment, and reverse parked into a very tight parking spot in a single go, I thought - hello, hello, hello !!!

LOL! :D

My wagon beeps like crazy when I drive into the garage, mainly because of all the hoarded crap I have in there BUT the front sensors are handy. They stop me from squishing my old stereo speakers I've saved to pass on to my nephew when he moves into his new house.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I drive into our garage except when changing the oil when I reverse in and let the sensors scream their head off, as I'm simply reversing as one needs to by head searching and using the mirrors...........All too easy really.