Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can i replace a 5hbd with a 7hbd in a vs ss??

95vs ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 vs ss commodore
yea thats what ive also bean told but i wose told i should have a 5hbd and i can not run a 6hbd or 7hbd but like i sead it seems to have a 6hbd so ive just gone and brought a 6hbd to replace the old 1 i have in it now hope nothing gose ronge

m62vpute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP MANUAL S/C 3.8 UTE
I have done a swap like this with different transmissions. They WILL WORK what I done was change the loom if 1 was 12 pin and 1 was 13 pin, and used the memcal that suited the trans and all was good

95vs ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 vs ss commodore
ok cheres will keep that in mind if i have trobils but my 1 hase a 6hbd in a 95 nd got another 6hbd to go in so as long as i dont drnk to much b4 i start work i should b sweet hopefiley

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
I have done a swap like this with different transmissions. They WILL WORK what I done was change the loom if 1 was 12 pin and 1 was 13 pin, and used the memcal that suited the trans and all was good

Sounds like a massive fcuk around. Why wouldnt you just get the box thats suited to your car.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
^^^agreed.Why go to all the trouble of swapping over the wiring loom etc, when you can just fit the same box that suits your model.Pfff..Its not like these auto boxes are rare..

m62vpute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP MANUAL S/C 3.8 UTE
It was for my stepbrother and he had already brought a smashed car and that was the box that was in it.

Lol massive #### around?? How long do you think it would be to flip off 1 engine loom for another and replace 1 memcal with another????

The post was made just to point out that it can be done if you had another box there and was stuck in a jam